Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Which way to go with my PIP
I was awarded PIP middle rate care and higher rate mobility at the end of last year. As a lot of the points for my care were based on an old care plan from 2016 I have appealed which was turned down and now awaiting for a tribunal date. In the mean time my care plan is being updated which I hope should result in the additional points if DWP agree with it. So I don’t know how this works. Should I continue with the tribunal and take the new care plan with me or should I report a change in circumstances to DWP or both? If I cancel the tribunal in the mean time and report a change of circumstances can I re appeal if the descision does not change?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.