Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Monique65!
Hi. I have recently separated from my husband and have had my council tax reassessed. The notification mentions that I get £109.65 plus £15.90 premium for my supported (contributed). I don't get, neither have ever had this premium. I have noticed that people who get the means tested esa are able to get things that I can't, for instance social loan, free Drntal and premiums for esa. My ex is still my carer, but I would like to know if it would be better keeping him as my carer, or taking him off and employing someone myself to clean a couple of hours a week?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.