PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

PIP requested another meeting

jonesgnjonesgn Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Is anyone able to reassure me please? I had a pip assessment two weeks ago and they've just telephoned me requesting another meeting. Is this normal procedure please?

Replies

• Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jonesgn, and welcome to the community!

It may just be that the assessors need more information before making a decision and so they've decided to see you again: there may be other community members who've had similar experiences and who can reassure you. Do keep us updated and let us know how you get on, and we'll assist where we can!
  • jonesgnjonesgn Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you PippaScope,
    I'll certainly keep you updated. I must admit, I'm finding the whole process extremely distressing.  Why a statement from my doctor, consultant psychiatrist and cpn are not considered  sufficient evidence is beyond me.
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear that you're finding things tough, @jonesgn. Unfortunately many people find the benefits process to be a difficult and emotional experience. I hope at the very least you find comfort in knowing that you're not alone, that we'll assist where we can, and that our community members will always be willing to listen and backing you all the way! 
Sign in or join us to comment.