PIP requested another meeting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP requested another meeting

jonesgn
jonesgn Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Is anyone able to reassure me please? I had a pip assessment two weeks ago and they've just telephoned me requesting another meeting. Is this normal procedure please?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jonesgn, and welcome to the community!

It may just be that the assessors need more information before making a decision and so they've decided to see you again: there may be other community members who've had similar experiences and who can reassure you. Do keep us updated and let us know how you get on, and we'll assist where we can!
  • jonesgn
    jonesgn Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you PippaScope,
    I'll certainly keep you updated. I must admit, I'm finding the whole process extremely distressing.  Why a statement from my doctor, consultant psychiatrist and cpn are not considered  sufficient evidence is beyond me.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear that you're finding things tough, @jonesgn. Unfortunately many people find the benefits process to be a difficult and emotional experience. I hope at the very least you find comfort in knowing that you're not alone, that we'll assist where we can, and that our community members will always be willing to listen and backing you all the way! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.