compliance letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

compliance letter

southwestmike
southwestmike Community member Posts: 6 Listener
we have received one of those letters, notification of local service compliance telephone interview, when i telephoned them they said that i need to have my bank statement to hand when they telephone and they told me there is nothing to worry about and the interview will last for about 15 minutes, i told my husband who is disabled and suffers with COPD, heart decease, leg nerve damage, lower back problems, on many diff meds etc he is now really stressed and upset and dont know what it is they want or up to, its been a tough wee so far and we have to wait another week for the telephone call from them. i have researched it and some says  its because some people failed to inform them of any changes, others saying its because someone may have made a telephone call to the DWP about you, for what reason we have no idea. so the stress thats going on here is not nice and upsetting. has anyone else had these sort of letters

Comments

• southwestmike
    southwestmike Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Ok, i had the call from the DWP with ref to a telephone compliance letter, they phoned and i put the phone on loud speaker so myself and my wife could both hear what was being said.they asked for my NI number and date of birth, they then said i can i speak to your wife Mrs x. so so i said yes of course, they asked my wife for her info, NI number and date of birth, they they went on to ask my wife if she as any ISA accounts, my wife said no, they then said well one as flaged up on their system and it has some money in the account and gave my wife some ref or account number, but only the last 4 dig, my wife said no she or me dont have anything, my wife also asked how much is in the account, they said we cant tel you that, they also said if my wife could go to the bank and get a letter confirming that she dont have an ISA account and post it back to the DWP, my wife said yes thats not a problem, they said it will be from 2015/16. ok my wife said. 

so my wife gets the letter from the bank confirming that there is no ISA accounts in her name or maiden name, or any live accounts. my wife as posted it back to the DWP and we are awaiting for a reply back from them.

Now. what i dont understand is why would they send the letter to me in my name but then ask to speak to my wife? the only thing i can think of is that i am the main claimment for us both. and now we have to prob wait months with worry even thou we dont have anything to worry about, and to see what their reply will be. what a mess up they are, i am registered disabled and my wife is my carrier and the strain and upsetment this is putting us under is not good, this is discriminating against the disabled and racist. we will wait until we get a reply, god knows how long that will take them 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @southwestmike I would not wait I would ring and ask what is going on. Tell them it's affecting both of you regarding a deterioration in your health and you could also make a complaint about the way you're being wrongly accused. You MP may also be able to help, that's what they do when constituents aren't being treated properly. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about your experience @southwestmike, and particularly the impact it's had on you both. The compliance letter process is standard practice (you can view past discussions on the same topic here) but as wildlife says, you may want to get in touch with the DWP or your MP to make them aware of the impact this process has had. Do keep us updated, and all the best to you and your wife.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.