Spinal stenosis - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Spinal stenosis

Options
2»

Comments

• gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    Options
    Then fast forwards 2017 finally after yrs of giving me the pigeon exercise/ pain management/ fizzyos / finally change of Drs listen to me and had cervical mri aswell c4/ c5/ and c5/c6 levels discs bulges encroaching into both neural foraminial exits pinching nerve roots an facet joints osteoarthritis bone spurs osteophytes 2019 l3/l4 -l4//l5 disc bulges doing all sorts impinging exits nerves roots blah blah ?? facets still doing same thing. ⬆️ Brain scans to much deep white matter for my age group dr says u have had osteoarthritis in neck for a long time ?? Other side of scan shows white patch concern maybe ms ? But all symptoms I'm having r all the same as u r all having too so maybe ssc?? ?
  • gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    Options
    @pollyanna1052 @mark56 @FIONADT @Timmo ? Hello all ssc and ssl,hope you are all well and staying safe ? I have been going through my Mri reports an checking on internet , but I would be grateful if one of you suffering ssc / ssl could look at my two messages up above this message ⬆️⬆️ If any of them mean ssl / ssc please just to put my mind at rest I'd be grateful ? Ps and diffuse/desiccation/ annular disc bulge encroaching both intervertebral neural foramina/ foraminial all mean ssl ssc thankyou xx ?
  • sarajane112004
    sarajane112004 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi - I have spinal stenosis- it is bad they want to do a decompression with a fused plate. I can’t walk far. And the nerve pain in my legs is chronic. I take gabapentin for the nerve pain and have a Butec patch for my back. This all takes the edge off. But my op is due in December- I have tried massages , chiropractor and osteopaths. These do all help. But all costs money. I have a blue badge now - which does help from the walking. The main thing is to keep stretching. You tube has an amazing amount of 10 minute stretches. And reading all your stories- makes me go wow ! You are all amazing - cos I know that this really gets you down. Sometime my mood is crazy - up and down. I’m looking for to the op - but scared too. 
  • CHIARIHEAD03
    CHIARIHEAD03 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    I have Lumber Spine Stenosis as well as Congenital Hydrocephalus and Chiari Malformation , ive had many surgeries from birth but im struggling again with pain  due to the Stenosis progressing , I am due to see a Neurosurgeon soon as well as have another MRI , BUT thanks to the DWP and their silly ideas they think im fit for work while I claim Universal Credit standard rate only  , I really don't want to go down that road again , as I don't think im able to cope with work pressure like I once did in my youth . I am now appealing for a 4th time 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good to hear from you again @CHIARIHEAD03 - tho I'm sorry you're in so much pain with your lumbar stenosis (on top of everything else). Hopefully seeing your neurosurgeon soon may be helpful; please let us know how you get on. Will your MRI be a full scan of both brain & full spine, or will this just be concentrating on your lumbar region?
    I'm sorry that you're having difficulty with Universal Credit. Are you still claiming PIP?
  • CHIARIHEAD03
    Options
    Thank you for the reply , I will be just having an MRI of my lower back this time although the hospital are awhere of my Hydrocephalus and observe any changes when needed of course  , I am still receiving PIP but just the standard rate only as the DWP refused to give me mobility part as im able to walk a certain distance etc dispite pain increased that's why when I see the Neurosugeon again soon he may be able to give me a bit more support towards dwp
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope the appointment with the Neurosurgeon goes well @CHIARIHEAD03 Please keep us updated <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • CHIARIHEAD03
    Options
    Many thanks for that , I will keep you updated on how I get on at hospital and with the Neurosurgeon , it's not for a few weeks yet , but im used to hospital visits and check ups from all the way back from birth in 1967. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.