Spinal stenosis - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Spinal stenosis

Options
2»

Comments

• gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    Options
    Then fast forwards 2017 finally after yrs of giving me the pigeon exercise/ pain management/ fizzyos / finally change of Drs listen to me and had cervical mri aswell c4/ c5/ and c5/c6 levels discs bulges encroaching into both neural foraminial exits pinching nerve roots an facet joints osteoarthritis bone spurs osteophytes 2019 l3/l4 -l4//l5 disc bulges doing all sorts impinging exits nerves roots blah blah ?? facets still doing same thing. ⬆️ Brain scans to much deep white matter for my age group dr says u have had osteoarthritis in neck for a long time ?? Other side of scan shows white patch concern maybe ms ? But all symptoms I'm having r all the same as u r all having too so maybe ssc?? ?
  • gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    Options
    @pollyanna1052 @mark56 @FIONADT @Timmo ? Hello all ssc and ssl,hope you are all well and staying safe ? I have been going through my Mri reports an checking on internet , but I would be grateful if one of you suffering ssc / ssl could look at my two messages up above this message ⬆️⬆️ If any of them mean ssl / ssc please just to put my mind at rest I'd be grateful ? Ps and diffuse/desiccation/ annular disc bulge encroaching both intervertebral neural foramina/ foraminial all mean ssl ssc thankyou xx ?
  • sarajane112004
    sarajane112004 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi - I have spinal stenosis- it is bad they want to do a decompression with a fused plate. I can’t walk far. And the nerve pain in my legs is chronic. I take gabapentin for the nerve pain and have a Butec patch for my back. This all takes the edge off. But my op is due in December- I have tried massages , chiropractor and osteopaths. These do all help. But all costs money. I have a blue badge now - which does help from the walking. The main thing is to keep stretching. You tube has an amazing amount of 10 minute stretches. And reading all your stories- makes me go wow ! You are all amazing - cos I know that this really gets you down. Sometime my mood is crazy - up and down. I’m looking for to the op - but scared too. 
  • CHIARIHEAD03
    CHIARIHEAD03 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    I have Lumber Spine Stenosis as well as Congenital Hydrocephalus and Chiari Malformation , ive had many surgeries from birth but im struggling again with pain  due to the Stenosis progressing , I am due to see a Neurosurgeon soon as well as have another MRI , BUT thanks to the DWP and their silly ideas they think im fit for work while I claim Universal Credit standard rate only  , I really don't want to go down that road again , as I don't think im able to cope with work pressure like I once did in my youth . I am now appealing for a 4th time 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good to hear from you again @CHIARIHEAD03 - tho I'm sorry you're in so much pain with your lumbar stenosis (on top of everything else). Hopefully seeing your neurosurgeon soon may be helpful; please let us know how you get on. Will your MRI be a full scan of both brain & full spine, or will this just be concentrating on your lumbar region?
    I'm sorry that you're having difficulty with Universal Credit. Are you still claiming PIP?
  • CHIARIHEAD03
    Options
    Thank you for the reply , I will be just having an MRI of my lower back this time although the hospital are awhere of my Hydrocephalus and observe any changes when needed of course  , I am still receiving PIP but just the standard rate only as the DWP refused to give me mobility part as im able to walk a certain distance etc dispite pain increased that's why when I see the Neurosugeon again soon he may be able to give me a bit more support towards dwp
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope the appointment with the Neurosurgeon goes well @CHIARIHEAD03 Please keep us updated <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • CHIARIHEAD03
    Options
    Many thanks for that , I will keep you updated on how I get on at hospital and with the Neurosurgeon , it's not for a few weeks yet , but im used to hospital visits and check ups from all the way back from birth in 1967. 

Brightness