Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Pip review

frecklesfreckles Member Posts: 258 Pioneering
All 1.6 million peoples PIP cases to be reviewed this is good news

Replies

• dottydottydottydotty Member Posts: 294 Pioneering
    Freckles  I wonder if it will include all  the people who,  unfairly  have lost their awards . 
  • frecklesfreckles Member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    I dont no but i will fight the charlatans all the way i think we have all had enough now of the way pip/esa assesements are done how can an assesesor make judgement on a persons disability or mental health when they dont no you like your GP or consultant no you they can tell total lies about you at your assesement i think GP,s or consultants letters/reports on any disability or mental illness should be enough to support your case but this is,nt always the case the DWP like you to go through these humiliating assesements and then some DWP decision maker makes the wrong decision so hey ho more stress and anxiety pilled on top of you because you have to send a letter for a MR if that fails then a tribunial its all to make us feel down trodden
    freckles  just been reading  this ;    If you are going through a reconsideration or appeal, you or someone supporting you might want to reference these changes to make sure that the person making the decision takes them into account.    My  Reconsideration  is being dealt wit I'm keeping  my fingers crossed and my toes ,according to my assessement report   I can stand on my left feet and raise my right legs ,    
  • Salamka101Salamka101 Member Posts: 41 Courageous
    I have watched the whole PiP debacle unfold for some time and watched the select committee examination of Atos and Capita with great interest. Were it not for Brexit PiP would have been a major scandal, as it is Media preoccupation with Brexit has relegated PiP to a relatively uninteresting sideshow with much of the scandal passing by almost unnoticed.                                                                        We learned that the DWP had a secret internal target of accepting assessments unchecked but at the same time regarded 55% of Atos, 45% of Capita assessments as unsatisfactory. Was this simply a way of training both companies to submit Assessments that were unfavourable by any pretext. The high success rate at the final Tribunal stage suggests the tactic worked all too well.                     I seriously doubt the review of 1.6m claims will fare any better and I find the reaction to the 'profit warning' issued by Capitas so soon after the review was announced with great scepticism. I rather suspect it was simply a warning to the Government that if they expect that Company to assist the review in any way it will cost.

Salamka101    slightly off topic but you may know  the answer . My  PIPaward was reassessed  and downgraded to NIL POINTS .  on reading the decision makes reasons  it states that she has changed the descriptors  choices previously  chosen  ?   I have no idea if she means the recent  assessors   choice descriptors ,   or the descriptors  from my 2014  assessment .  Am in the reconsideration  stage   and am confused .
    I think it mite mean what you put on your original form 

freckles   Thanks  .  Trouble is I do not have a copy of my assessment in  2o14 . I  only have the decision makers letter  and the award  enhanced  care  standard mobility ,      .scored  only 2 point on recent  assessment  and that  was because I had physical proof  wearing my hearing  aid .   Have asked  dwp to expand on this  and am awaiting reply .  The whole process is so stressful  if no reconsideration  I will not attempt tribunal ,  my health is suffering already .  

Its so hard the goverment and dwp really dont care about the stress and anxiety it causes thats on top of the already stress and anxiety a lot of this will be put under the carpet cos goverment are more interested in brexit instead of anything else whats going on.... 1.6 million pip cases to be reviewed they wont rush that i like you am sick and tired of all this hassle trying to get the right benefit 
    Freckles  you are so right ,  just another thought   not having a copy of my report 2014.     I am now  thinking  have   the actual descriptors  changed  since 2014 ?.  If so then the Dwp  should surly use the old  descriptors  as it is not a new application   and my award was to run until july 2018. I'm going round in circles  .
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger
    The descriptors that apply are those in force on the day of the assessment. it would seem that the DM disagreed with the assessors recomendation. Do you have a copy of the assessment report ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    I photocopy my medical form before i send it back
  • wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,316 Pioneering
    @dottydotty Regarding your legs do you have 2 of each? According to your assessor you appear to have more than the usual 1 of each. Seriously though I agree with @freckles that signed headed medical evidence should be enough. It would also save a lot of money. The only exception being those who refuse to engage with anyone medical or indeed anyone who could verify their disability. We have an adopted son with LD and serious mental health issues which could and have harmed himself and others in the past. I was his appointee in 2011 when things were different and I was able to provide evidence without him knowing. For ESA I didn't go with him to his assessment and he scored 0 points. No MR then on to Tribunal which I did attend. The evidence I provided before hand got him 47 points even before they'd interviewed him. PIP was easier then as they took ESA into account, but now I fear he would lose both if reviewed. So I do know there are exceptions who have to be assessed but this should be done honestly and with consideration that people do not always fit into the set criteria. So not being able to provide evidence does not mean there is no disability and for these people an assessment is vital to have a fair and just outcome. The way things are at the moment is barbaric and smacks of the days when the disabled were hidden in back alleys or mental hospitals. This is 2018 and we're supposed to be a civilized society. My own claim is far from settled with an early review to come in 2 years time and Standard rate DL through the lies on my report. Keep fighting @dottydotty it will be more stressful to give in as the injustice will eat away at you.This is only my advice and may not be right for you but I know how I feel when I've backed down and how good it feels to not let them get away with this.  
    Wildlife your spot on keep fighting dottydotty keep fighting
     Wildlife   Yes I have several legs , exact quantity unknown ,also I have an unknown quantity of feet   "   I can stand on my left feet " etc       Thankyou  for all the replies  and comments , so it looks like the decision maker has changed the assessors  descriptor  choices , ive been pinning the blame ,on my assessor as the report  was full of lies  errors  , so if he had made a truthful report I would still not have gained any points .. its a no win situation . The decision letter was written  on a Sunday Jan 7th , Wonder why they were working on a Sunday ?  Final question if I could drive would that lessen the need for my being able to walk ?
    Yeah my assesement was done on a wednesday and assesesors report done on a sunday unless they take it home sit there with a brew playing eney meney miny mow

freckles   that made me laugh .  Are you in the tribunal stage ? or have you now received your award?   .Mine is a reconsideration and just hope they take into account the new ruling . I might drop them a line to remind them .  my  recorded  delivery costs are mounting up .

apologies  for all the questions ,  if my reconsideration fails ,  how soon  can I reapply for PIP . also on back of my assessors report it says no functional impairment . ( should have gone to Specsavers )   review again in 8 years .  does this mean I have to wait 8years .
    I sent my MR on wed 31st jan via special delivery it was signed for by the same person as last time and the time before that and the time before that you rite it costs a small fortune to send stuff in my enitial reward is till 2022 but they will reassese me one year before i have done my MR cos after the last two assesements i was given enhanced rate but this time standard rate but all my health conditions have got worse 
    @dottydotty Sorry I can't answer your questions except to say wouldn't going to Tribunal be far less stressful than re applying and going through what you've been through all over again? Especially bearing in mind you'll have plenty of time to prepare yourself and you will be facing people with no agenda? Your chances of success would be much higher than another application that would be very likely to fail as it will be reviewed by people who know they've already turned you down. Just something for you to think about. I think most people on this forum would say the same..  
    Thankyou for replies  .Am trying to weigh up hte odds , Don't think I have much chance in either tribunal or to  reapply as I reach  65  in Aug , that is why I'm trying my hardest to overturn the decision . so it runs at least until June when my award should have ended . Failing this I could applyfor AA but no mobility component . Any Tips on  what more I can send to DWP .  I  got the CAB  to draft my first correspondonce outlining my disagreement and why . .  Have sent loads medical reports  and future hosp appointments , My friend has written  a statement .I have not mentioned much about  the assessor other than the fact I have lodged a full complaint with Capita and sent the letter / reply  I received from Capita  Should I go through the report with a fine tooth comb and highlight ALL the discrepancies . errors , med errors . treatment errors  etc .or will they not be interested .  thanks your  replies  are keeping me sane .
    wildlife     the fact that I was allowed a home visit  (should have been at a centre  48 miles away ) on the grounds  that I could not do the journey  for both physical and mental reasons ?  and yet scored no points for this.  is  this  a  contradiction  ?  ,am I clutching at straws ?
    @dottydotty That is very relevant. It's a contradiction by Capita. On the one hand they're saying you're eligible for a home visit (did you provide medical evidence, a Doctor's letter?) but not eligible for points for being unable to plan and go on a journey alone. How did you show to Capita that you needed a home visit? You could provide the same evidence to DWP to back up your reasons why you should get mobility points. They won't have seen it. Did CAB include this in the MR? You could also ring to speak to a case manager and ask the same question. It makes me so mad that they constantly turn a blind eye to what's under their noses. 
    Wildlife  thankyou again for reply . I am hard of hearing so I emailed Capita and explained that my mental  history  physical history prevented me from travelling & walking the 1.8 mile to my nearest train station and TOLD them that my last assesement in JUNE 2014  was home visit , Think this clinched the deal . I have copied my emails  and am sending them in my next letter to Dwp along with significant errors. The medical reports  used as  evidence on report was dated  2014,     and yet I had a stack of paper to show him of recent hosp reports  he did not ask for or  even look at them   however he noted on the report  "observed to handle paperwork using both her hands without difficulty "     " Observed   to take out deriving licence from her purse ,  for identification  "    don't and never have had a  license  it wa my bus pass .  My points  are lck of OBSERVATION AND RECORDING SKILLS . report not fit for purpose .  so many errors  but need good reasons to challenge them . Incidentally he mentions Anxiety a lot , the descriptors 28/12/17   did not have much sympathy for anxiety . But they do now since the Govt have stepped in .  so he may have done me a favour in that respect .    
    wildlife  the DWP told me on phone to send evidence by 8 th Feb ,  is this the cut off time ?   can I not send further letters after this time  ? as I need to see CAB to read my letter  explaining the home visit etc  and errors and to   recompose it so it does not ramble on and on .
    @Dottydotty As you tell me about yourself I pick up on other things. You mention hard of hearing, Sensory impairment is very relevant to going out alone as you can't hear traffic as you cross the road. So this should have got you points if you have medical evidence, hearing test result or whatever. For sending evidence I'm not sure as I don't know the reason for the cut off date but I do know that evidence can be sent any time but it's best to let them know when they will get it and request they wait before doing your MR. If that doesn't work and your MR is done before you can get it to them you can ask them to look at your claim again because of the new evidence. They don't tell you you can do this but DWP can change your award anytime before a Tribunal whether they've done the MR or not. Mine was changed after my MR in other words I had 2 MR's because I wouldn't give in and kept contacting them. 
    wildlife  you have picked up very accurate information about me without seeing me  pity assessor was not so tuned in . Yes have profound hearing loss .lost 85% of my hearing  Anxiety . . copd   spinal scoliosis , stenosis   heart valve desease , Vertigo.  Osteoporosis ,Athritis   the list goes on , and more than condition  applies  to most of the descriptors  Thankyou for your valued  comments  and suggestions  they are of immense help , I will keep my letter  brief but to the point will request further time due to my cognition and the fact that this whole business is  having a huge impact on my health  ,  Ps  good  point about Capita home visit  -contradiction  that will be top of my list , .  Have a nice evening , 
    @dottydotty, Vertigo should also affect you not travelling alone. There is the danger factor with serious consequences should you go dizzy crossing a road. 
  • natz1987natz1987 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    My dad has just had his decision letter and they have stopped his PIP payments. He has a permanent brain injury from a motorcycle accident 30 years ago and has to take meds for the rest of his life! They are going to appeal but I am angry for my dad! The b*****ds at the assessment place need to open their eyes and realise that not all disabilities can be seen. They are judgmental and discriminating against people who actually have problems and who can’t work because of these problems!
    @natz1987 I can well understand how this makes you feel. It causes so many other problems like losing cars, financial worries especially if PIP is keeping a roof over people's heads, it's time it was changed and honest assessors were appointed. People with medical evidence like your dad should not have to have an assessment. However it's best to turn the anger into action and use it to let DWP know that an unfair decision has been made. Has he finished the process or is that the 1st decision?
    Quite agree honest assessors are needed
    wildlife Re- Virtigo  I actuslly asked the assessor if he had any knowledge of this condition . he just replied I'm a health advisor . I read your other discussion about checking on the assessors registration I looked it up he is not on it typed the name in and went thrugh all the titles paramedic etc  but could not find him .
    @dottydotty It should say on your Assessment report where the assessor has signed it what type of so called medical professional he is if any. i suspect there are problems in this area that are being kept quiet but couldn't prove anything. Yes my assessor put a false Registration number on the form I signed when handing over medical evidence at my actual assessment. This is fraud whether she was qualified or not. There is someone registered with her name but with a different PRN (professional registration number). 
    freckles The  decision maker has changed the descriptor choices previously chosen ?,  On her/ his  choosing I only scored 2 points for profound hearing . I would be interested to know what choices the  actual assessor made , My last assessment was 3 yrs ago so and the descriptors are now worded differently . I don't have a copy of my report 3yrs ago so cant compare  just have my decision letter which scored me enhanced care  standard mob .
    wildlife   He was a paramedic .  true  to form he barged into my house as if he was assisting a cardiac arrest call.  His paramedic training  served him well .  speed and urgency.   I didn't sign anything after my assessment he just upped and left .I'm sure ive signed in other assesments ,ie  DLA  and ESA .
    Please don't think I am being unkind to Paramedics , they are life savers in every sense of the word . x
    Yes they are but they don't write English like my assessor as it could kill someone in a life or death situation. One example "while sitting she feels she has pain in her feet". Actually it's pain in my lower back, surprise surprise! Paramedic should be registered with HCPC and I had lengthy email conversations with them. They assured me she wouldn't be on there if she wasn't qualified. If your assessor isn't on there I would report this to Capita, DWP, your MP and anyone else you can think of. It is a criteria that DWP have set for assessors that they be registered. Sorry I know you have enough going on but this is seriously not on.
    I think he may new  to this job. when he left I wrote everything  down  as I had a gut feeling .   Would he be on the HCPC if newly registered ?   I typed name in accurately. it did say if you cant find the person they may be under another name ?   Ive found him on Facebook  .
    YES not only should they be registered but they should have 2 years experience actually working as a Paramedic before they can be an assessor. I will check out the DWP guide for assessors as it has the criteria in it. It's on the Gov.uk website.  

wildlife  I'm losing the batlle here .  was on DLA , transferred successfully to PIP in June 2014 .higher award.    Then in May last year I received a Review form Ar1 ,filled it in never had any reply from DWP.  on Dec 4th got Capita letter for face to face assessment. 29/12/17.   Got decision letter  7/1/18   saying they have changed the descriptors  chosen ?      .Also in May last year I was supposed to go for ESA assessment , I missed this but DWP accepted  my reasons  and I never heard anymore from them .  .

reason  I mentioned  the ESA appointment , is would that have any bearing on my PIP reconsideration  cognition forgetfull ? or am I just clutching at straws,
    Firstly this is the criteria in the DWP guide for Assessment Providers: 
    • Be an occupational therapist, nurse, physiotherapist, paramedic or doctor • Be fully registered with the relevant licensing body (doctors must have a licence to practise) • Have no sanctions attached to registration unless they relate to disability. In individual cases, this requirement may be wavered subject to prior written agreement with DWP • Have at least 2 years post full registration experience (this refers to either UK registration or equivalent overseas registration for non-UK HPs) or less than 2 years post full registration experience by individual, prior, written agreement with the Department • Have passed a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
    I'm getting mixed up as there are now 2 discussions called PIP review. Anyhow ESA and PIP are completely separate so no it shouldn't affect PIP. But who knows what goes on in their minds. ESA has different criteria as it's a work based benefit so what you can and cannot do for PIP shouldn't be compared to your ESA.  

thankyou  I will check the regiter again to make sure .Tha assessor had a middle name which I omitted so that could be the reason.. Do you know if there are any rules regarding assessors  and if they know of the applicant .or vise versa

@dottydotty All the regulations are in part 3 of the DWP's guide for Assessment Providers on Gov. uk. Lots of other stuff about how they're supposed to write the reports. I used it for my complaint when it went from ATOS to ICE. I went right through it quoting where she's not complied with the standards set. Like bad grammar and contradictions and not using facts she should have known. I think they're supposed to read all the evidence and the claim form before they see you but doubt it works in practice due to targets they have to get through so many assessments per day. 8 I think it is. They do a days reports together that's why info. looks like it's from someone else. It probably is.  

Wildlife  Thankyou once again  , I did  look up the standards several days ago but could not see anything about if the person is known to assessor etc  . bad grammar  and spelling . One eg ;   assessor wrote reports  to have a walking stick that was self brought .?  decision maker has said I had no walking stick ,    is brought not meaning had with me. I have highlighted all spelling errors  and my extra  feet and legs ....

Am at Cab  this morning , Have copied all my emails to Capita  regarding my home visit request granted . Plus there was no reason  to arrive earlier than planned as he lives close to me . .he could  have popped home for a cuppa. It threw me out him being early as was not  mentally prepared .I told him he was early he just replied   "does it matter, is that a problem"  . well to me it was.  Do I or should I  send the assessors  report to DWP showing all errors  or will they just dismiss it . ?  many thanks 

Ps   He is definitely on the register  I tried again  last night , could not find him.
    Pps one more  example in one sentence it reads HE was able to....... . I must have had a quick gender change ..   The decision letter was written  on Sunday 7th Jan  . were the DWP being overworked ?
    @dottydotty Self brought should read "self bought". They distinguish between prescribed aids and one's you've bought yourself as anyone can do that. It's designed to make the DWP decision maker think that although you had a walking stick you don't necessary need one. So the DM took it a bit further and said you didn't have one which is a downright lie. 
    No point in sending the report to DWP as they already have a copy and you will only be wasting your time as they would just refer it back to Capita. It needs to go with your complaint. Your claim and the complaint about the assessment and report are 2 separate things and need to be seen that way to have the best chance of changing your award. The only connection is to let DWP know you've complained which you've already done. The assessor being early should be part of your complaint. Explain what effect this had on you. All the errors in your report go against the DWP guidelines which say it should be in clear English using as few words as possible and of course factually correct which it is not.   

wildlife  you are more informative than my CAB helper . Thankyou .  I will keep the  Assessors report discrepancies out of the MR  and save them for when CAPITA  reply further,  ( they said 20 days  to investigate  the complaint.)  One piece of information I have not sent to DWP is the actual score/ scores  I believe I should  have received .,  as I did not think it would have any bearing on the  MR decision    .They  do have a full list of reasons  as to why I disagree .

• Goods68Goods68 Member Posts: 14 Connected
    I have been through this process with DLA, over 10 years ago! 
    Same process same procedure, 
    Just got through it with PIP, now waiting for the next '!!!
  • maid08maid08 Member, Member - under moderation Posts: 307 Pioneering
    wildlife Re- Virtigo  I actuslly asked the assessor if he had any knowledge of this condition . he just replied I'm a health advisor . I read your other discussion about checking on the assessors registration I looked it up he is not on it typed the name in and went thrugh all the titles paramedic etc  but could not find him .
    we do think alike i did that on two i have seen one was reg a teat after my acessmant the other ummm prob out the country so capita said hahaha

maid08 said:
    we do think alike i did that on two i have seen one was reg a year
     after my acessmant the other ummm prob out the country so capita said hahaha

maid08   update ;   my assessor is now on the register (  newly registered ) , So maybe he was fresh out of training when he assessed me,.either way  he was ill equipt  . I did ask about Capita  about a same sex assessor  but was told only  allowed on religious or cultural  reasons ,  Surely  this  is  discrimination . 

myself i would copy details of reg put in complaint to youer mp asking why a member of public doing acessmants before reg to do so and you are deeply concerned that they could abuse youer info

also email frank fields mp in london he is causeing problems for dwp now

edited February 2018
    it is such a farce that this could even hapen   capita and atos just do as they like and dwp plough millions into them to do it  the cost must out waigh the  saveings surely yet nothing is done email complaint to dwp it might get nothing but it is another nail to add to complaints number they cant hide from
    maid08  Thankyou  I might just write to MP . Will await my decision letter and if award still delcined  I will  then decide if I want to take it to tribunal OR just reapply  for Pip  & ,be better prepared  & have assessment recorded  .  ( mine was a reassessment so I wasn't 100% sure what info the assessor had other than my review award form ) .
    maid08  Thankyou  I might just write to MP . Will await my decision letter and if award still delcined  I will  then decide if I want to take it to tribunal OR just reapply  for Pip  & ,be better prepared  & have assessment recorded  .  ( mine was a reassessment so I wasn't 100% sure what info the assessor had other than my review award form ) .
    thats the prob do we know what they have are they on fist form or review form  im told they do new reascessmant regardless and we should get all evidence again well **** that bit they have it all already and should only note the change not the whole claim again

• lisabrazil80lisabrazil80 Member Posts: 85 Connected
     can anyone tell me I have my Pip assessment on Wednesday what days are contact them to get my report I'll how long do you think
    If you mean your pip assesement interview i rang as soon as i got home and they sent the aasessor report back to me with in ten days
  • donna122donna122 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi freckles how long after your assessment did you get your decision thx
    About a fortnite but i,m going through the mandontary stage at the minute they told total lies at my assesement 
    Sorry to hear that it hope it all works out for you seems to be very unfair in these assessments,also anyone sending correspondence to them, at the post office ask for proof of sent rather than paying for recorded delivery save your money 
    Yeah i did all that sent all my letters in from consultants doctors all by recorded delivery even my MR letter just for piece of mind then i no they had got it cos i tracked on my phone its the luck of the draw some people send in medical info and dnt get called for an a assesement other do like me i was on enhanced rate for five years but now they put me on standard rate when i clearly told them my health condition had gotten worse the assessor just told total lies i have a serious lung condition and my nails have clubbed i showed her my nails and she put in her report my finger nails were clean also that i had clean hair i had no hair because i shave it i was coughing a lot and she got me a glass of water then said in her report i coughed very lightly all lies
    That's awful! I had an assessment a week ago, I'm not sure how it went it's my first time applying for pip I've never applied for dla before either 
    The woman who assessed me was the smiling assasin!!!!! but finally hopefully fingers toes and legs crossed the courts are finally standing up to the DWP
    Here's hoping whereabouts are you 
  • Goods68Goods68 Member Posts: 14 Connected
    Let's all hope!!  Don't forget that they are the system !!
    I'm in the north of Ireland 
    Thats nice i,m north wales so whats the system like in ireland is it run by capita, maximus or atos
    It was capita girl seemed to be ok but sure you never know with these things 
    No the thing is there not qualified in mental health or physical matters they just in it for the money which is so wrong and between them and the DWP they have and will continue to destroy people lives
  • lisabrazil80lisabrazil80 Member Posts: 85 Connected
     I thought I only went for a assessment for my mobility part I already got an ensuite daily living allowance but the medication went on I cannot do a lot I'm always tired I can't cook because I'm not safe and stable enough and fell down the stairs on my medication in damage my coxic bone so I can not bend wash myself or get dressed on my own I need help by my carer all the time so do you think I'll get the mobility bit for not pushing myself cannot get dressed on my own cannot Cook cannot go out basically I cannot do nothing it feels like I'm not living I'm just existing as a person it's not fair so do anyone think I will get the mobility but can they tell me or what do you think and I got a good chance
    It all depends on the assessor
  • Salamka101Salamka101 Member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Early in this discussion I predicted that the profit warning issued by Capita was just a thinly veiled warning to the Government that their continued involvement in PiP would cost. Almost immediately the Government announced a further £400m to keep Atos and Capita on side. £400 million so these charlatans can keep on hammering in the nails that crucify so many disabled claimants.
    I watched the debate in Parliament on Thursday which was well intentioned but quickly descended into the usual meaningless waffle, much of it, as the Speaker noted, overlong. The strident claim that spending of the disabled had increased by £7 billion in the last 10 years was the Tory Ace card.
    Sadly this is not a record the Government should be in any way proud of. Rather it shames both them and us.
    PiP was flawed from the start. The intention was to reduce the number of long term DLA mobility by 20% saving over £2 billion. This was achieved with more than 50000 people with physical disabilities losing the right to Motability as a result. Leaving aside the question of whether this made any sense since those with limikted walking ability were the most likely to be in employment, PiP was further complicated by a clumsy and misguided attempt to treat Physical and Mental disabilities as one and the same. They are not!
    That the Government totally miscalculated the effect this would have on spending is best illustrated by the urgent changes they attempted to bring in to restrict claims based on certain mental illnesses. The Courts ruled these changes illegal and costs kept rising as a result.
    The result is what we see every day. The DWP under pressure to curb the increasing costs putting pressure on the assessors to use any means to slow down the entire claims process.
    Robbing Peter to pay Paul seemed like a good idea at he time. Unfortunately the needs of Paul vastly exceded the amount robbed from Peter. And the foot dragging by the DWP and their minions is making a bad situation worse. Some claimants, myself included, have ended up with more benefits than we wanted or needed in cash terms but not the help we wanted. Some might well accept the extra payment but others are not getting the help they are entitled to.

Sign in or join us to comment.