Hi, my name is paulapickles! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is paulapickles!

paulapickles
paulapickles Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm new. I have chronic widespread joint hyper mobility , dropped arches and fallen ankles , anxiety and depression. And migraines eyes getting worse by the day.  Every days a constant struggle made even worse by the benefit system which results in an even worse time than already having. Much love for letting me join u all. ❤️

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Paula (I'm guessing :) ) @paulapickles and welcome to the community. It's good to have you with us.
    All I now know about joint hyper mobility I have learned through Google just now, and it sounds pretty awful to me, whilst anxiety and depression I know only too well. And, of course, the current 'benefit system' is awful beyond a joke.
    I've found a discussion, begun last December but still apparently ongoing, which might be of interest to you regarding HMS https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/34543/joint-hypermoblity-spectrum-disorder  There are one or two links in it that I think you might find useful.
    You can also use the search box to find posts and discussions on depression and anxiety, and on benefits. There is also a benefits advisor you might be able to make use of.
    Let me know if any of this helps (and if it doesn't :) ) and don't hesitate to ask any questions or suggest any ways you think we might be able to help.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @paulapickles, welcome to the community :) 

I have joint hypermobility as well, with my dropped arches causing a lot of trouble even with the special insoles!

Please do let us know if there's anything we can help or support you with.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paulapickles
    Welcome to the community! :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.