Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is elizabethr!
My story is a long one so I'll leave that for now. I am disabled with long term chronic invisible health conditions. I also care for.my husband who is also disabled with chronic invisible health conditions. I used to work full time (stressful job and travelling) and my hobbies were very active (amateur stage, swimming, walking, skating) non of which i can do now. I struggle with life a lot if the time but i do have quite a positive attitude which helps. I have ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, crohns my husband has complex regional pain syndrome which has now been categorised as an auto immune disease . He has other symptoms besides the CRPS. He's just going through a review of his ESA (support group) and going form DLA PIP. This is making our lives quite stressful as you can imagine. Signing off for now as I'm quite weary .
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments