Hi, my name is elizabethr! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is elizabethr!

Options
elizabethr
elizabethr Community member Posts: 5 Connected
My story is a long one so I'll leave that for now. I am disabled with long term chronic invisible health conditions. I also care for.my husband who is also disabled with chronic invisible health conditions. I used to work full time (stressful job and travelling) and my hobbies were very active (amateur stage, swimming, walking, skating) non of which i can do now. I struggle with life a lot if the time but i do have quite a positive attitude which helps. I have ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, crohns my husband has complex regional pain syndrome which has now been categorised as an auto immune disease . He has other symptoms besides the CRPS. He's just going through a review of his ESA (support group) and going form DLA PIP. This is making our lives quite stressful as you can imagine. Signing off for now as I'm quite weary .

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @elizabethr and welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

So sorry to hear about your circumstances: I have some of the same conditions to you and can completely empathise with losing a sporty/ active lifestyle. If we can support or advise you in any way, do let us know. For now, you may like to take a look at our PIP information page. Hope today is as kind as possible to you and your husband!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.