PIP medical — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP medical

mellymoo Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a medical for 20dec 2017 which I didn't receive I have no other means of contact and they stopped my money I told them I didn't get the letter and explained that I've had trouble many times and mow have important letters sent to my mums I've asked them to do this so I get my medical appointment it's like there calling me a liar theres no.proof I received the letter and I have had no fone for 3months now so I wouldn't of got a text I've had no money for a month Wat sort of help can I get till. My money is sorted 


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    The CAB website says:

    If your PIP claim is rejected because you missed your assessment, you can ask the DWP to change this decision. You must have been given at least 7 days’ written notice of the assessment date (unless you agreed to a shorter notice period).

    What have they said about this @mellymoo ?

    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering

    As Sam says you can ask for a revision of the decision to stop your benefit. It's called asking for a mandatory reconsideration. If you haven't already done this, you should do it as soon as possible, in writing if you can, and explain why you didn't get the appointment information, and that you'd told the DWP where you were living and that you couldn't get texts.

    If you've already asked for the decision to be changed, and they are still saying no, you can appeal. I think it would be a good idea to try to get to help with this if you can, for example, from your local Citizens Advice. They can also help you with advice on what you can get whilst the benefit decision is being sorted out. The help will depend on where you live, because some areas have emergency welfare schemes, but some do not, and they vary in what help they can give you.

    Depending on which benefit this is (I'm not sure if it is ESA or PIP), the CAB might advise you to claim again in the meantime, in case you are not successful in changing the decision. If it is PIP I would probably suggest claiming again. If it is ESA it's more complicated because the decision was within the last 6 months, so you will not get money to begin with on a new claim, unless you have got worse or have a new condition. 

    I'd definitely think it's a good idea to try to get advice locally if you can. The Scope helpline might be able to help if you are not sure where to go.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.