Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is Yvonne, my son was born 30 wks premature, spent 6 wks in neonatal unit, he had interventracle hemorrhaging On both sides of his brain a grade 1 the other went grade 2 which resolved itself by the time he would have been 38wks. He is now 2yrs, he has been seen by a peadiatrion who said that he is showing signs of mild cp & has sent for an mri scan, myself & my husband are so worried, I noticed that there are people here that are adults & have been living with mild cp. & not known & I guess I just wanted to know how you've coped, or just to speak to someone else that's going through this, I know that diagnosis hasn't been confirmed yet but I'm just getting a bit down, & feel so alone, my husband and Mum have been fantastic but I know my husband is worried too, thank you for reading
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.