Caring for daughter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Caring for daughter

meggles
meggles Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi I'm meggles, my daughter is living with 3 inter related health conditions which means her activity is very limited. i love her so much -im devastated when shes having a pain spike and i can't help her

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @meggies and welcome to the community. It is very good to have you with us.
    Al;though it is 25 years or so since my daughter passed away - her disabilities were extensive and complex - I will never ever forget the pain and frustration of not being able to comfort her. It feels like a failure, it feels unjust, it feels just indescribably bad.
    You love your daughter, and that makes your pain worse, but it also means you are giving here everything you can (even though at times you may doubt yourself) and doing your very best. None of us can ask for more.
    You're safe here, and among friends. Don't feel shy of telling us more or of asking any questions which may occur to you. The more we get to know each other, the easier it will be to find ways to help and support you.
    I look forward very much to hearing more about you and about your daughter, and look forward to getting to know you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @meggles, and welcome to the community! I've moved your post into our parents and carers category- you may like to take a look at the existing discussions in there to find others in similar circumstances. If we can be of any assistance, just let us know!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.