AT the end of my teather — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

AT the end of my teather

Options
Boychris
Boychris Community member Posts: 19 Connected
it was bad enough having suffered a major stroke, which a career was lost, I spent years in a wheelchair, I now have severe spinal stenosis which is now cutting off the feeling in my legs,
I also have COPD, and this cold virus going around I just caught it, then at the insult to injury I have been suffering pain and soreness in my mouth for months, after seeking advice I have been diagnosed, with cancer, shore its the pits. now I am wondering at the age of 63, is it all worth, 
I live on morphine for the pain, all i want to do is curl up and just go to sleep. I cannot see any purpose in having cancer treatment, They have said that having  an operation is out  of the question, i have no one to vent my feelings so  i  have put it on here sorry if i have made  you folks feel miserable 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Boychris,

I just wanted to offer my sympathies for all that you've been through, it sounds like things are really tough for you at the moment and there's no shame at all in venting your feelings- you're always welcome on the community!

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. 

I also wondered whether you might like to chat with @Jopeco, who is new to the community and has just recently discussed their experiences with pain!
  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Boychris
    My name is Debbie.  First, can I just say that you have definitely not made me feel miserable!  What I do feel is admiration to you for opening up and sharing your experiences.  I find it so important to talk and express how we are feeling.  it can help to share, discuss and to listen to other peoples experiences.  I send you my Love and wish you well :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Boychris   Pleased to meet you, I am sorry you are not good. I understand that.

Just let you know am here to listen.  It is OK to share your story and how you are.  I know it is not easy I find it hard to talk but being old fashioned gentleman.  This is helping talking.

I wake up mornings and can not wait to receive the support from the community   There warmth, compassion and advice has helped me through the bad times.

I hope and pray to talk again 

Take care
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.