Declined PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Declined PIP

Options
hathey1
hathey1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My 16 autistic daughter has Scored zero on her pip and now lost dla, and our carers, I sent a independent report from a physiologist that spent a day assessing her at school ( report was 1 year old)  and nothing ???? This has had a massive financial impact on us and my daughter , I’m now out of time for her appeal, can any one help 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @hathey1, and welcome! So sorry to heat about your experience. When was the final date you could appeal by? There are sometimes ways around this- I've moved your post to the PIP/DLA category where hopefully our members will be able to help.
  • hathey1
    Options
    End of dec , but I was in ireland on and off as my beautiful Aunty , was at the end of her life , and my terminally ill father was desperate to see his sister , so I took him .  A very hard time , then this happened and I’m strill trying to care for everyone, keep house whilst my poor husband trying to work and keep us going financially.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this @hathey1, it sounds like you're dealing with a lot at the moment even without your benefits situation. You can still appeal the decision after the deadline if you have a valid reason, as you do. Here is some more information from Citizens Advice on doing so. Do let us know if you have any questions and we'll advise where we can.
  • hathey1
    Options
    Hi what’s an MR ? I sent a letter with my independent psychologist report , but have had no response? 
    Not sure what to do now ? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.