PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

pip

ronaldronald Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
I have recently changed from DLA to PIP and when on DLA got the indefinite higher rate for mobility and now with PIP I haven't got any of that ,so I don't think I can even renew my blue badge without the enhanced part on PIP ???? can anyone advise please

Replies

• Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ronald, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear this. When did you receive your PIP decision, and have you begun the appeals process? Take a look at our advice on DWP appeals, and do come back to us with any questions.
  • ronaldronald Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi and thank you 
    No I have left it to late to appeal as I didn't read the letter properly .....would it be better to restart a new claim or go back to them to add stuff
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that @ronald, I've moved this post to our ask a a benefits advisor category where hopefully one of our advisors will be able to give you some advice on this!
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi ronald and welcome

When did you receive your decision ?
    It is possible to make a late appeal with good cause
    How long is your current award for ?
    Normally if you have an award in payment then you can apply for a change in circumstance if you have a new or wortened condition

You can apply to your local council for a Blue Badge under certain circumstances, who may assess you

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,415 Disability Gamechanger
    You have an absolute maximum of 13 months to do an MR or an appeal. It would be a poor idea to do a new claim and could cost you dearly if the original claim can still be challenged.

You DO NOT need good cause for a late appeal. You simply need to show that the claim itself has merit and is not hopeless. Whilst HMCTS will ask you to explain why it’s late they do that simply to give DWP a chance to object to the appeal being accepted as a late appeal. HMCTS default position is to accept all late appeals where the case has merit and DWP don’t object. DWP almost never object as their backlogs are so huge they can barely produce competent appeal papers. 

This is because the Trubunal Regs introduced an overriding principles section and the one about fairness pretty much trumps everything.
  • ronaldronald Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi thanks for your replies ...I have now called them and they are sending out some paperwork for me to add something ...will let you know how I get on 
Sign in or join us to comment.