pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

Options
ronald
ronald Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have recently changed from DLA to PIP and when on DLA got the indefinite higher rate for mobility and now with PIP I haven't got any of that ,so I don't think I can even renew my blue badge without the enhanced part on PIP ???? can anyone advise please

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ronald, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear this. When did you receive your PIP decision, and have you begun the appeals process? Take a look at our advice on DWP appeals, and do come back to us with any questions.
  • ronald
    Options
    Hi and thank you 
    No I have left it to late to appeal as I didn't read the letter properly .....would it be better to restart a new claim or go back to them to add stuff
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @ronald, I've moved this post to our ask a a benefits advisor category where hopefully one of our advisors will be able to give you some advice on this!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi ronald and welcome

When did you receive your decision ?
    It is possible to make a late appeal with good cause
    How long is your current award for ?
    Normally if you have an award in payment then you can apply for a change in circumstance if you have a new or wortened condition

You can apply to your local council for a Blue Badge under certain circumstances, who may assess you

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ronald
    Options
    Hi thanks for your replies ...I have now called them and they are sending out some paperwork for me to add something ...will let you know how I get on 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.