PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Severely disabled

kasskass Member Posts: 65 Connected
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello  I was getting severely disabled payment in 2016 2017 and it's stop with no letter telling me why....i got pip the standard rate care and I was sent a letter saying I could claim the severely disabled payment witch I did.....i was getting 61.85 aweek I have a husband witch he is on a visa with no public funding witch he can't claim nothing from benefits and he can't claim no cares allowes also...

I'm a carer for my sister witch I care for but I can't understand why it's been stop I only change my address to my new address 

Thank You 

Karen

Replies

• Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kass, so sorry to hear that your benefits have stopped and that you haven't even had a letter. Have you tried getting in touch with the DWP to see if they can tell you what happened? It may have been done in error.
  • kasskass Member Posts: 65 Connected
    Hi ya I did ring them but I was told I have a husband but he can not claim no benefits at all with him being on a visa he in no recipt of public funding

Thank You 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,916 Disability Gamechanger
    The problem you may be having is that SDP is paid if you're claiming a qualifying benefit; live alone (i.e. no non-dependant over 18 lives with you) and no-one claims CA for you. If your partner lives with you then you no longer live alone. SDP should have carried on for 3 months after they moved in and then it would ordinarily be correct that it ceases.
    I have been told the SDP don't carry on for 3 month after a partner move in I was told it dose carry on can someone  please tell me if it carry on or not please 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    No, sorry SDP does not continue for a further 3 months. It stops because youre no longer entitled to it because you don't live alone.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    I understand about the SDP now but I just want to clear something up my Statement of Entitlement for pip was 6th June 2016 and I got my first payment for SDP on the 24 July 2016....

I did not get no backdated pay with my SDP should I have been due to any backdated pay from when my awared of pip was Entitled 
Sign in or join us to comment.