Severely disabled — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Severely disabled

kass
kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello  I was getting severely disabled payment in 2016 2017 and it's stop with no letter telling me why....i got pip the standard rate care and I was sent a letter saying I could claim the severely disabled payment witch I did.....i was getting 61.85 aweek I have a husband witch he is on a visa with no public funding witch he can't claim nothing from benefits and he can't claim no cares allowes also...

I'm a carer for my sister witch I care for but I can't understand why it's been stop I only change my address to my new address 

Thank You 

Karen

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kass, so sorry to hear that your benefits have stopped and that you haven't even had a letter. Have you tried getting in touch with the DWP to see if they can tell you what happened? It may have been done in error.
  • kass
    Hi ya I did ring them but I was told I have a husband but he can not claim no benefits at all with him being on a visa he in no recipt of public funding

Thank You 
  • kass
    I have been told the SDP don't carry on for 3 month after a partner move in I was told it dose carry on can someone  please tell me if it carry on or not please 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    No, sorry SDP does not continue for a further 3 months. It stops because youre no longer entitled to it because you don't live alone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kass
    I understand about the SDP now but I just want to clear something up my Statement of Entitlement for pip was 6th June 2016 and I got my first payment for SDP on the 24 July 2016....

I did not get no backdated pay with my SDP should I have been due to any backdated pay from when my awared of pip was Entitled 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.