PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Tribunal waiting time

AquaeyesAquaeyes Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
i was on dla and last March had my assessment to transition from dla to pip for epilepsy mental health issues i was a recovering anorexic they said i couldn't have it they lied on the decision about information from the assessment in the May 2017 I got a letter saying I just had to wait for the date for the tribunal it's now February 2018 and I still haven't heard a thing, my anorexia has come back along with other issues as well as what I already had I have a stress trigger epilepsy so u can imagine the last year hasn't been good at all is it normal to be waiting all this time every timei ring all they say is everything is done at our end 

Replies

• Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Aquaeyes, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear about your assessment experience, it must have been a really disheartening process for you and I'm sorry to hear about the impact it has had on you. 

I hope some of our other members will be able to help you with this- when was the last time you contacted the DWP? Do you have any support for your mental health at the moment? 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,936 Disability Gamechanger
    Official wait is 20 weeks although it's as much as 30 weeks in some areas in reality. You can write to HMCTS and ask for directions from a judge to expedite the appeal but you'll need to provide supporting evidence to backup your argument as to why it needs to take place quicker than other people.
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    You can ask for a short notice hearing in case of a cancellation but this could mean they might notify you only the day before.
    Have you had the appeal papers?
  • edwierdoedwierdo Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I have been waiting approx 6 months so far, when i phonen they simply said " they dont know i will just have to wait as it can taku as much as a year, i mean wot use is that if you have a terminal condition/
    Terminally ill cases which concern soecial rules would be fast-tracked.
  • BennyTallisBennyTallis Member Posts: 19 Connected
    Silly question... I sent my appeal papers off a while ago and got confirmation from the court in may. I received the DWPs response to the court about a month ago.

Now that I know the tribunal had the response from the DWP a month ago.. Does that mean my hearing shouldn't be too far away. Or was I in the queue as soon as I applied for a tribunal hearing and the fact the dwp has responded doesn't make any difference to my hearing time? Barnstaple, North Devon in my assigned tribunal centre  

Regards 

Benny 
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    You are in the queue as soon as the tribunal receives your SSCS1 form.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018

Now that I know the tribunal had the response from the DWP a month ago.. Does that mean my hearing shouldn't be too far away.

Regards 

Benny 
    Back logs are huge for Tribunals right across the country and some are waiting as long as 1 year. You can ring and ask the waiting times in your area and they'll tell you, you'll need your Tribunal reference number for this.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Matilda said:
    You are in the queue as soon as the tribunal receives your SSCS1 form.
    You are registered when they receive your SSCS1 but you are definitely not in any queue until such time as a DWP submission is received. It would be a nonsense to have the possibility of listing without papers. Listing without papers can happen but only when requested.
Sign in or join us to comment.