Tribunal waiting time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal waiting time

Options
Aquaeyes
Aquaeyes Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i was on dla and last March had my assessment to transition from dla to pip for epilepsy mental health issues i was a recovering anorexic they said i couldn't have it they lied on the decision about information from the assessment in the May 2017 I got a letter saying I just had to wait for the date for the tribunal it's now February 2018 and I still haven't heard a thing, my anorexia has come back along with other issues as well as what I already had I have a stress trigger epilepsy so u can imagine the last year hasn't been good at all is it normal to be waiting all this time every timei ring all they say is everything is done at our end 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Aquaeyes, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear about your assessment experience, it must have been a really disheartening process for you and I'm sorry to hear about the impact it has had on you. 

I hope some of our other members will be able to help you with this- when was the last time you contacted the DWP? Do you have any support for your mental health at the moment? 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can ask for a short notice hearing in case of a cancellation but this could mean they might notify you only the day before.
  • edwierdo
    edwierdo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I have been waiting approx 6 months so far, when i phonen they simply said " they dont know i will just have to wait as it can taku as much as a year, i mean wot use is that if you have a terminal condition/
  • BennyTallis
    BennyTallis Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Silly question... I sent my appeal papers off a while ago and got confirmation from the court in may. I received the DWPs response to the court about a month ago.

Now that I know the tribunal had the response from the DWP a month ago.. Does that mean my hearing shouldn't be too far away. Or was I in the queue as soon as I applied for a tribunal hearing and the fact the dwp has responded doesn't make any difference to my hearing time? Barnstaple, North Devon in my assigned tribunal centre  

Regards 

Benny 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are in the queue as soon as the tribunal receives your SSCS1 form.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Options

Now that I know the tribunal had the response from the DWP a month ago.. Does that mean my hearing shouldn't be too far away.

Regards 

Benny 
    Back logs are huge for Tribunals right across the country and some are waiting as long as 1 year. You can ring and ask the waiting times in your area and they'll tell you, you'll need your Tribunal reference number for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.