Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is steve bell
My mother was trained teacher who spent 15 years employed at Prudhoe hospital. I received first degree burns from the neck up when I was 18, this led to problems but I have been independent until recently. I suffered from Hepatitus C which caused cirrhosis, kidney failure, anaemia and osteoporosis. I was able to pass a music degree and until recently had a regular job. I have a disabled partner and I was receiving Carers allowance for her. She had a breakdown when our dog died aged 10. I was disillusioned as to how with our legal problems we are still expected to pay legal costs for justice against a criminal landlord. The best we have to hope for is that we show photographs of the condition of the rented property to a duty solicitor at court in the hope that the judge will not make us honour the fixed term tenancy.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.