Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Awarded PIP after mandatory reconsideration
I had my Pip assessment in November followed by an Atos assessment in December and was upset I was only put on the standard mobility component even though I cannot walk unaided through severe arthritis. I phoned the DWP to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and a copy of the Atos report and I have seen so many lies. Every word was a lie and I replied word for word with what had actually been said. The best part about it is the physical medical side of it. His report on how he examined me was a joy to read especially since I never had one at all. Today i was awarded both enhanced rates so no need to go for an appeal. So my advice is don't be put off and keep chipping away we can beat these deceitful people together.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.