Awarded PIP after mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded PIP after mandatory reconsideration

rye
rye Community member Posts: 6 Courageous
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my Pip assessment in November followed by an Atos assessment in December and was upset I was only put on the standard mobility component even though I cannot walk unaided through severe arthritis. I phoned the DWP to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and a copy of the Atos report and  I have seen so many lies. Every word was a lie and I replied word for word with what had actually been said. The best part about it is the physical medical side of it. His report on how he examined me was a joy to read especially since I never had one at all. Today i was awarded both enhanced rates so no need to go for an appeal.  So my advice is don't be put off and keep chipping away we can beat these deceitful people together. 

Comments

• Han_Solo
    Han_Solo Community member Posts: 114 Courageous
    Welcome!!!

And well done to you, and I hope others take inspiration from your story.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rye

Welcome & well done with things.

You will find many many members in similar situations as you.

It’s a “crying shame” that we have got to go through so many “hoops” in the first place.

I don’t know how much money is being “wasted” 
    with things as they are?????
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @rye and congratulations. Very glad to have you with us.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Fight4Justice
    Fight4Justice Community member Posts: 63 Pioneering
    @rye

Well done! For your MR, did you send it via post? Or do it over the telephone? I'm wondering, if there's a difference in success rates, between the two. Also, was your assessment recorded?
  • rye
    @rye

Well done! For your MR, did you send it via post? Or do it over the telephone? I'm wondering, if there's a difference in success rates, between the two. Also, was your assessment recorded?

• rye
    I done both phone and letter. The assessment wasn't recorded. The Atos assessor's report was total lies which I scrutinized and found many contradictions which I pointed out. The MR letter I received said following our phone conversation. I sent in more evidence also. My advice to people going through the same is don't give up and don't allow them to get away with their lies.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.