No payment dismissed ill health — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No payment dismissed ill health

Options
zsr
zsr Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Recently been dismissed due to ill health on 19th Jan. In the meeting I was told I would be paid payment of notice of lieu plus holidays for 11 years of service totalling around £3500. I never received payment or letter but did get p45 this Tuesday. I rang them everyday since chasing payment and my termination letter. I was promised I would receive payment today. After not getting a payment I rang them to chase it and now I have been told that they overpaid my sick pay in the beginning and so now I'm owed nothing. So I will not be getting anything from them. This is their fault. Their mess up. Should I still receive this payment that they told me I would be getting? 
I never got any pay slips from them apart from the first 2 months. I was off for 16 months. Also never got my termination letter and right to appeal until I chased it and got it via email yesterday. Promised payment and now told they overpaid me so getting nothing. Is this right? 
I have got in touch with ACAS and they have recommended to fill out an early conciliation form, which I am. 
Have they got the rights to just not pay me my money for my years of service plus holidays? Due to their mess up? After I was told I would receive this payment during my meeting when I told I was being dismissed. Also stated in my termination letter I received via email. 
Obviously I'm very frustrated, ill and have no idea whether they can do this to me or not. I feel it is unfair. And to only find this out after chasing them after not receiving promised payment. Any help would be appreciated. Please help. 
Thanks 
zoe 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.