Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
CP knee replacement
I am writing this on behalf of my sister who has cerebral palsy and is 67. Her right side is affected by her condition which has meant that all her life her left side has had to do most of the work. Now she needs an operation on her 'good' knee which her consultant has recommended is replaced. He did offer some key hole surgery to clear away some debris but as her knee is showing signs of arthritis he recommends a full replacement. My sister lives on her own and won't be able to manage her post operative condition without considerable support. Has anyone out there had a knee replacement? Can anyone help us with some understanding of what she might expect? There seems to be a lot on line about children with cerebral palsy but I hven't found anything about growing old with the condition.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.