PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Scared of the interview

Belvoir333_Belvoir333_ Member Posts: 2 Listener
my pip interview is next week 49 miles from home and I’ve phoned lots of times to try to get something nearer but they won’t help. I suffer severe anxiety and mental health issues and I’ve looked through the questions and can’t see how any are relevant to my illness. I have been on DLA fir many years and had plenty of help from my doctor but I’m so nervous about this appointment

Replies

• debkenzodebkenzo Member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Hello Belvoir333
    My name is Debbie. Welcome to the forum.  Is it possible that you could get your Doctor to write you a letter explaining about your condition and to request a home visit assessment?  
  • sue66sue66 Member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Hi    Belvoir333 type in the link below and put in your post code, i just did this and it came up showing there's one in my home town, check out yours, if you see anything closer then ask them why you cant be seen there.   Plus ask your dr for a letter as well   for back up.                                         
    https://www.chdauk.co.uk/find-your-assessment-centre?region=13
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    Hi,
    i have my f2f this Thursday changing from DLA - pip.
    i am dreading this as well.
    however I’m preparing everything, reading through the copies of my application form. Got a copy of my repeat prescription from my chemist so that she can add it to the GP letter as proof.
    my f2f is at home ( not asked for) but prob for the best. My husband will be with me , so try and get either a relative or friend to accompany you.
    i will post on Thursday and share my f2f experience.
    im feeling quietly optimistic however I am ready to take it further if need be 
    I am on DLA lifetime award middle rate for care, lower rate for mobility, and have been for a number of years.
    if I can be awarded approx the same, I shall be happy.
       I also get Esa support group. After my initial f2f they put me into the work group.
    i immediately wrote a detailed letter telling them about my illness and why I was unable to work .straight away they changed their decision.
    so don’t think that things can’t be changed.
    good luck 
Sign in or join us to comment.