PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP decision

Options
wrinkly65
wrinkly65 Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi folks, helping my son just had descision on PIPs reasons briefly appear to be assessor has lied repeatedly, ignored effects of tasks and because he got a degree 4 years ago and has insight  his mental state and capability is fine. Also stated because he works in a job which requires complex decisions and ability - he has been unable to work at all now for over 5 months (on SSP because no longer able to because of physical and mental state).surely what you used to be like not relevant. was not asked how activities affect him although these were made clear on form and appear to be ignored by DWP.   Dont understand how past can represent current state.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @wrinkly65 (from a wrinkly 66, as it happens) and welcome to the community. Nice to have you with us.
    I think it is problems with PIP that is bringing most visitors and new members to our site at present. It is certainly something we have learned a great deal about, and we have some excellent resources. A large number of PIP enquiries also involve apparent lies and failures on the part of those doing the assessing. In short, you're not on your own.
    So, you're among friends here and we will be looking to help you in any way we can. Some of our more knowledgeable members will be in touch shortly and, in the meantime, you might have a look at the Talk about PIP/DLA link here: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/talk-about-pip-dla
    Please keep in touch.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• wrinkly65
    Options
     HI,Thank you thats great, have had a browse already and see it seems par for the course especially certain expressions .My son and I are beginning to put anger aside at lies and failures before responding .From short time on your site I feel more prepared to tackle and not battling alone. look forward to hearing, any advice welcome especially as my sons local advice centres have had to make many cutbacks on help and advice
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @wrinkly65, and welcome! So sorry to hear about your experience, you and your son must have been gutted but it sounds like you're taking a really sensible approach. I'd recommend having a read of our guidance on DWP appeals ahead of beginning the appeal, and do come back to us with any questions!
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great to hear from you, @wrinkly65, and very glad you found us. I must second Pippa's endorsement of your sensible way of doing things. Keep in touch.
    Still here, still listening,
    Warmest best wishes
    Richard
  • wrinkly65
    Options
    hi, Have read advice,think have grasped procedure.can you confirm I understand correctly. AT MR stage-if we request an MR  now and request evidence used as per your site advice including not taking further action til can respond; this will gain us more time to prepare, gather new evidence and state case.  Sods law it is a short month and my son who has Fibromyalgia ,severe anxiety and severe depression etc.(the decision and tone of decision has sent him into a decline) also has CBT, pain clinic, Doctors,and a minor op booked during the two weeks roughly we have left from date on letter. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.