Suing DWP for compensation ... - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suing DWP for compensation ...

Comments

• jenn2008
    jenn2008 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    @affii1993
    is your local mp concervative or labour because I have found in my 3 years of appealing that labour MPs are more helpful than concervative only in my opinion tho. I would, and have done myself write to 10 Downing Street with your complaint and see what the corespondent suggests, they have always got back to me. 
  • pjp
    pjp Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Labour. I imagine conservative will do less as it's Thier party policy for austerity and to do so attack the disabled.
  • pjp
    No thing will positive or helpful will come from this 10 Downing. If it does it will be just empty words nothing will ever get implemented. Thier motto make the rich get richer and kill all those below.  You know about all the disabled suicides right? Due to Thier welfare cuts?!!!
  • pjp
    Do you know conservatives are breaking United Nations laws and human rights regulations? It's Thier main reason to opt out the EU. Because the incoming recession as a result won't affect the rich. But means they will be puplically be allowes to disregard human rights.
  • jenn2008
    Downing Street won’t do a lot but can give someone a push, for example I made a complaint to the dwp in June 2018 I heard nothing so I wrote to Downing Street with my complaint, they replied and said the dwp has a responsibility to deal with complaint and that my complaint would b passed onto the dwp. I still heard nothing, I sent numerous of letters to the dwp and still nothing. I wrote back to Downing Street with my complaint threatening to go public with my complaint of such a corrupt system,the day Downing Street received this letter the dwp phoned me to say they are investigating my complaint and I should hear by 20th December
  • jenn2008
    I believe the government have broken laws including human rights. I believe the government are responsible for a number of suicides including my dad which is why my fight will never be over. 
  • pjp
    I'm so sorry.

Right story to the press. Ask for an interview.
  • pjp
    *write story...
  • BattlingNan
    BattlingNan Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    pjp said:
    I have legal aid granted. I am also in the process of making a descrimination  charge against the lying capita assessor. I had an independant witness who has provided proof of her lies. Am pursuing misconduct charge against dwp decision maker. Waiting for a date to discuss with the police next week.
    I will keep informed as things move along. 
    I have also made a formal complaint to the dwp as well as to the nursing body. I received a letter today from them that they will be investigating her. I have an appointment with a legal firm to prosecute her as well. 

• BattlingNan
    BattlingNan Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Well surprise surprise, I have had a reply from ATOS they are backing their so called health professional. She is still saying she asked me to squat etc. Strangely though there is no mention of all the things I can prove 100%  she stated my spine was normal when she examined me....she didn’t examine my spine at all and I have my hospital records now which prove my spine is damaged and also they have had a letter from my doctor to confirm that. Strangely quiet on that. Also no mention of the proof they now have with regard to my heart and the letter my cardiologist wrote to confirm that any exertion for me is life threatening....again silence on that subject. There is no mention either of the depression I have again documented, she said I wasn’t depressed or anxious even though I became tearful during the assessment and she actually commented on it at the time. Finally they say as they were not there they cannot substantiate either way what was said or done, so basically washing their hands of it.
    i am waiting for my tribunal date now. 
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    I have strength and literally have no energy i am ill and reading this is like my case and I have no will to live
  • pjp
    That's Thier grand plan, to wear the disabled down.
    I hate to say it but if you do nothing they win and you suffer. More. If it helps I was in same boat. As suffered accident with brain damage with long lasting physical damage. As well as all other things came depression and extreme fatigue and my way of life changing 100 percent over night. Fighting hard as explsined above, for me, it was really hard. But now I can eat and some days find a reason to get out bed. 
    My advice no matter what YOU FIGHT.
  • pjp
    Battlingnan. Sounds the same as my story. It's not odd there are 1000s and 1000s of us who suffered this inhumanity. Don't give up. Follow all the avenues that are available and get help!!! Fight.
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    @pjp that is 100 percent true thank u giving me chin up I appreciate it, hope u r well and ok 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    OK, so how do we go about starting a class action?
  • pjp
    I've done nothing bout it since DWP u turn. First have to find legal firm happy to take on a big big fight. Or perhaps a disabled charity/help organisation that will use thier own. 
  • pjp
    Affi1993. We all need a little nudge some times. 
    I'm doing ok now thank you. If I hadn't fought I may be dead now so in my book any thing is okay once that option is removed :)
    But I just survived it or being in a wheel chair. I've had enough of fighting just to survive. I hope not to have to, in any way ever again. Now I just want to live my life happy positive fight free. But if all those fight these injustices for themselves it will be charged for the good of all.
  • lesleyincity
    lesleyincity Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    I’m looking for advice 

I had to appeal against PIP For the 3rd time since it changed from DLA 
    my payment stopped last 8/4/18 
    HM COURTS AND TRIBUNALS reached a decision on 9/1/9 in my favour for the enhanced rate daily living component.  

I have bipolar disorder and as part of this accumulated a lot of debt which led to bad credit. Due to losing my benefit I’ve had to rely on very high interest credit cards to get by after trying to rebuild my finances over twelve years. The stress has been so great I feared I would once again lose my mind and be sectioned. It’s been the most traumatic year in a long time. I never wanted to rely on credit cards again as I can easily lose control. 

The tribunal noted the the pip asssessor had superseded a previous decision awarding the enhanced rate to me. They note that the assessor has not shown grounds to do so. The tribunal determined that there was no grounds to supersede the previous decision as my condition has neither changed or improved.

surely I have reason to sue? On top of all this I’ve rang PIP twice now, last Monday I was told money should be in by end of the week. Today I was told the case worker has 28 working days to process my benefits! 

please can you help? 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

For the suing question then you'll need to get further advice about that. An internet forum isn't the best place to ask for advice because no one knows your case. It may also cost you to sue them, so be aware of that.

For the PIP award, great news well done! It can take 8 weeks to pay you your backdated money and slightly longer for your PIP payments to start back up.

This is because DWP have the same rights we do to appeal the decision. To do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons and they have 28 days to request this. Once they have it they must then find an error in law in making the decison before they can appeal.

Hopefully it won't be too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Activist
    Activist Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Waylay said:
    I'd join a lawsuit!
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.