Suing DWP for compensation ... - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suing DWP for compensation ...

Options
124»

Comments

• onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 741 Pioneering
    Options
    Johnylee said:
    Sorry for the late response I did not get notified of any reply, or I missed it. How are you getting on Mike?

To add more anger to my situation the alleged 20 metres the assessor lied about by saying I had walked with no issues has now been measured with a laser device and is in fact under 11 metres. It was this lie that lost me my higher rate mobility. I am so angry, I am hoping to send my mandatory reconsideration off this week but I am also trying to find advice on how to tke the assessor to court 

Just to comment here, not everyone walks around with a laser light to measure exactly 20 meters?  Because they don't have to since its their opinion.  Which they are being paid for by DWP and PIP's.
      That said I have also stated that it's nt a medical examination but an INTERVIEW FOR ACCESS TO BENEITS, this means in order to be used, and this also means in a Tribunal it has to follow the CRP 35 rules Part 35.
      For this that do not now what that is, one point states that any report written about the caimant and used by the DWP must be fully justified, and show where they drew their conclusions from and also show their Medical Qualification and ID prior to the examination, since in the charter it also states all assessors will carry their I D which when asked will be produced to chec that the person infront of you, ( or on the phone or cloud meeting ) i who they say they are and should be checked by the Tribunal before it even gets that far.  BUT THEY NEVER DO, and trust the company assessing the claimant to have followed the rules required under the CPR 35 and the 2018 Social Security Act when asking YOUR permission to use the evidence you supply, medical or not with other benefits ( this means UC and access to you bank account for housing and sickness benefit payments. )
      I have tated more than I wanted at this time but would also like to be contacted by anyone who wants to form a joint claim against DWP and PIP's as 2 years ago I took DWP to court not Tribunal, and made them tae down the signs above the " Medical Assessment centers, since it is not a medical assessment and have noticed in 3 assessment centers by me that the charters have been changed bck to the old charter and am persuing this at the moment.
      By the way not many people understand how far 20 meters is, since in one part of the form it discusses the distance in FEET and in the report it talks in Meters?  Which means to the court that you can walk further in Meters unaided and most people my age only now feet anyway.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Onebigvoice, you are commenting on posts from November and December 2019.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MaisieBoohoo
    MaisieBoohoo Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    I know this is old post but surely @onebigvoiceif you had terminal cancer, your GP or consultant would have completed a DS1500 and you could apply under special rules for high care and high mobility?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I know this is old post but surely @onebigvoiceif you had terminal cancer, your GP or consultant would have completed a DS1500 and you could apply under special rules for high care and high mobility?
    A DS1500 is only completed if it would not be surprising if the patient died within six months. Many people with a terminal illness will have a life expectancy greater then this.
    Note also that a DS1500 only passports to enhanced rate daily living - although in practice enhanced rate Mobility is usually awarded as well.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I've removed a few comments from this discussion. Please remember it is not appropriate to criticise other members' communication or language skills. If you don't understand something, you can ask questions to clarify, or you can simply not reply.
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.