Pip backdating and payment help?
2 days I got my pip! Yay, I got a back payment from the 21st of December I read that people get a backdate from the day you rang up? I rang up first at the beginning of November (I got a letter from them on the 21st of November asking for my identity) gand the 21st is the 2nd time I rang up where I changed my address. Is it correct that they only paid me from the 2nd phone call? If it isn’t what should I ring up?
Secondly I got my first payment on 19/02/2018 and it said it would be every 4 weeks in arrears. Would someone help and tell me the next payment date? My mum said 13th of March and someone else said 20th of March. I’ve never had money before so I’m stressed about budgeting. Thanks in advance.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.