What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

am entitled to benefits

deb74deb74 Member Posts: 754 Pioneering
hi everyone. like a lot of people i had my ESA taken off me before christmas, fortuatley have still got my PIP but it is at the lower rate. i can not afford to live on 55 pounds a week. I was wondering if i gat a job 16 hrs per week will i still be entitled to my housing benefit and council tax reduction as i will not be able to manage a full time job


  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,756 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deb74deb74 Member Posts: 754 Pioneering
    thanks. i will check it out.
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi @deb74

    Housing benefit is income-based therefore it is determined on the household income/capital rather than number of hours - you would get a greater amount thatn standard as will probably qualify for a disability premium, and possibly a SDP (i.e. if you get Daily Living PIP and no one claims Carer's for you).

    Also consider entitlement to Working Tax Credit - as a disabled worker you only need to work 16 hours to qualify.

    Have a look at the benefit calculators - Scope have one, and there are also ones on the Turn2us and entitledto websites.


    Kind regards,

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • deb74deb74 Member Posts: 754 Pioneering
    thanks Mary i thought i would be able to get housing benefit but didnt know about tax credits, i thought you had to work 30 hours to get tax credits! i dont think i would be able to cope working full time and was worried about having to work full time as my pip has been cut. now i know i can get tax credits i can relax.
Sign in or join us to comment.