am entitled to benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

am entitled to benefits

deb74
deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
hi everyone. like a lot of people i had my ESA taken off me before christmas, fortuatley have still got my PIP but it is at the lower rate. i can not afford to live on 55 pounds a week. I was wondering if i gat a job 16 hrs per week will i still be entitled to my housing benefit and council tax reduction as i will not be able to manage a full time job

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deb74
    thanks. i will check it out.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi @deb74

Housing benefit is income-based therefore it is determined on the household income/capital rather than number of hours - you would get a greater amount thatn standard as will probably qualify for a disability premium, and possibly a SDP (i.e. if you get Daily Living PIP and no one claims Carer's for you).

Also consider entitlement to Working Tax Credit - as a disabled worker you only need to work 16 hours to qualify.

Have a look at the benefit calculators - Scope have one, and there are also ones on the Turn2us and entitledto websites.

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

Kind regards,

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• deb74
    thanks Mary i thought i would be able to get housing benefit but didnt know about tax credits, i thought you had to work 30 hours to get tax credits! i dont think i would be able to cope working full time and was worried about having to work full time as my pip has been cut. now i know i can get tax credits i can relax.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.