Dental treatment and glasses — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dental treatment and glasses

CaitA
CaitA Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi Everyone,

Newbie here. Been medically retired from NHS or (HSCNI) here in NI for about 2.5 years now with PMR / GCA and Fibromyalgia. Have only just learned that there is 2 types ESA (contribution and Income). As I was unaware of this I now find I owe for glasses and dental treatment. It would appear that even the opticians and dentists aren't aware of the difference either !  GUTTED. :-<

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @CaitA and welcome to the community. It is good to have you with us.

Not an authority on benefits myself, I just wanted to say hi and assure you that others who do know the subject will be in touch with you in due course.

If it helps, you have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.

Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.