Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Dental treatment and glasses

CaitACaitA Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi Everyone,

Newbie here. Been medically retired from NHS or (HSCNI) here in NI for about 2.5 years now with PMR / GCA and Fibromyalgia. Have only just learned that there is 2 types ESA (contribution and Income). As I was unaware of this I now find I owe for glasses and dental treatment. It would appear that even the opticians and dentists aren't aware of the difference either !  GUTTED. :-<


  • JennysDadJennysDad Member Posts: 2,308 Pioneering
    Hello @CaitA and welcome to the community. It is good to have you with us.

    Not an authority on benefits myself, I just wanted to say hi and assure you that others who do know the subject will be in touch with you in due course.

    If it helps, you have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.

    Warmest best wishes to you,

Sign in or join us to comment.