I have another pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have another pip assessment

Tracy1965
Tracy1965 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
edited February 2018 in Mental health and wellbeing
Due to my condition getting worse and I’m so scared I only go out the house once a week at weekend cause I can’t leave the house on my own anymore and my son attends school during the week since my last assessment I feel so useless I’ve had a bath lift put in as I can’t get out the bath on my own and my 16 yr old son was having to help me and due to all this my depression and anxiety has got worse I’m anxious every day lump in my throat i shack a lot and my limbs jerk I hardly get any sleep so have no energy to do anything I stay in bed most off the day every day my son normally encourages me to get up when he comes home from school and he then cooks dinner that’s the only time I normally eat I have a friend that said they will take me next week for appt but that’s also worrying me that they might not turn up I no longer have a car and can’t travel on public transport and this doesn’t help my situation to get out with my son as we can only go to the local shop and means walking which kills my back and I can’t be walking around the street to long as I feel I’m going to have a anxiety attack 
lately for about 3 weeks I hear music coming in my ears normally old Lang’s hind or away in a manger I’m absoulutly useless

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tracy1965

Im sorry to hear that you are struggling so much, please do make sure that you let the assessors know all these things and if you have any evidence of them, that is going to help.  

The letters showing you have a bath lift etc, it may also be worth you seeing your GP before the assessment and telling them all this and seeing if they can write you a letter or print of your history.

Do you see anyone about your anxiety attacks?

Perhaps a letter from your son about what he does to care for you.  Does your son see any Young Carer groups? It might be worth seeing what Young Carer groups are in your area and getting him signed up so he has some support and also to show what he does for you.

Can you speak to your friend who has offered to take you and explain just how important it is and that without their lift, you would be unable to attend, perhaps you could also arrange a back up lift?

I know it is stressful and worrying, but there are so many members on the community who have been through this, so do join in and chat with others on the community.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • madambutterfly_1
    madambutterfly_1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    edited February 2018
    Hi Tracey 1965
     I hear music all the time especially the national anthem of England that does my nut in but I use to drown it out is my tablet, and your not useless  your kind generous  you will get through this 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.