Withdrawn PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Withdrawn PIP

deltadigfoot
deltadigfoot Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Having help to write this but felt strongly enough to say that I have suddenly gone from enhanced PIP to zero points. I have anterograde organic amnestic syndrome as a result of an RTA so cannot remember having been to a PIP  meeting let alone what happened when I got there. The meeting was allegedly at 8am on a Sunday morning and although I was given a lift to the offices I had no one to talk on my behalf which is vital as I do not process information very well.  I live alone and I am now in a position where I am unable to cover my bills. Having lost PIP, plus now having to find council tax,and losing part of my housing benefit, I am absolutely desperate and seem to spend all day crying. Losing PIP means I have lost any independence I had, and I have no idea what is going to happen to me. I cannot use the phone because I forget what is being said so I still have no idea whether or not the Mandatory Review was ever received by DWP as no acknowledgement has been received. Everything is so confusing. I cannot deal with noise or multi-voice conversations and have a host of other difficulties. I just don't understand how I have gone from enhanced rate of PIP to zero points when in fact my difficulties (both physically and mentally) are even worse now than when I first received it. 

Comments

• duckett123
    duckett123 Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    you gone to zero points because dwp want to do it get some one to help you fight your case from the CAB or health officer at your local council get someone to go with you to exsplain everything, because dwp will stop your money asap and you will have a fight to get it back .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.