Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Help with what to do when my ESA runs out

hello everyone I need help concerning ESA.

basically I was in the ESA support group until last year when they moved me into the work group. I have done a mandatory reconsideration & also requested a tribunal as they say I do not fit into the category to stay in the support group but I feel I do. 

Beibg in the ESA work group only lasts a year so Thisbe year it will run out & basically I will be screwed. When I went to the job centre he said he doesn’t know if I will be entitled to any other benefit because my partner works. 

I feel eel I am basically being punished for being too ill to work! I have depression, anxiety, stress, borderline personality disorder, panic attack’s, audio processing disorder and some physical health issues like recovering from carpal tunnel in both hands.

im really worried about what my partner and I are suppose to do without my entitilement to any benefit. 

Can an anyone please help? 

I will I’ll go to the citizens advice bureau but was wondering if anyone could suggest another benefit I would be entitled to? My partner works full time. thank you

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Smitten and welcome

Have you applied for PIP ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Smitten18Smitten18 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Yes I have CR and I do have PIP until 2020 but the ESA is a chunk of my money 
  • tommtomm Member Posts: 231 Pioneering
    edited February 2018
    I'm guessing that your claiming IR ESA(income related) ? if so it does not expire , they will of advised the DWP that you maybe reassessed after 12months  , ESA won't stop until you have been reassessed  had another WCA should they decide you are no longer meet the criteria for  LCW or LWCRA then the ESA will stop
    Or a tribunal decides that you are FFW , though i belive if they think there is a likely hood of you loosing the award that you already have they are supposed to inform you before proceeding  giving you the oppertunity to abandon the tribunal before it's heard 
    I am on contribution based ESA and I had a letter saying my ESA ends in August but still not heard anything from the tribunal.
    I am on contribution based ESA.
  • tommtomm Member Posts: 231 Pioneering
    Well from  what i can gather  you can fill in a ESA3 form  to be assessed for IR esa and you can do that before the 12mths is up,  https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...SA3%201012.pdf (ESA3 form link)
    which you can save and fill in and print
    You won’t qualify for income-related ESA if you have savings over £16,000.
    And there is a limit on the hours that you or your partner can work iirc24 hrs a week for a partner and 16 for yourself, unless they have changed the goalposts
    there may be more rules as well,  
Sign in or join us to comment.