Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Where do they get these Assessors from?
I suffer from COPD(significant),carpel tunnel syndrome in both hands (had surgery,no improvement),torn shoulder ligaments,(2 operations,first little success,still recovering from second).Osteophytes,(shattered bone fragments) removed from shoulder.I need a replacement shoulder but have been strongly advised against this due to my chest problems and a strong possibility of contacting pneumonia on recovery.Sciatica,high cholesterol and severe breathlessness. I was on PIPs but had it refused on reassessment.The assessor said I had a strong handshake,(I could only use my thumb and one finger When I tried to explain my problems she told me "Ican't listen to you and type at the same time".The rest of the report were just outright lies. I am still waiting for a Tribunal date after over 8 months.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.