ESA and Pip Tribunial — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and Pip Tribunial

Options
jimmcc1967
jimmcc1967 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I joined about a month ago to get advice on being put off ESA after an assesment , I had scored 27 points just 12 months earlier and similar the 12 months prior. At assesment the health professional seemed not bothered that I couldn’t remember my medication and took little account of my mental health and physical health issues , my decision letter seemed to be decided on the fact I heard her call my name out in waiting room could walk to her room and able to sit while she asked a number of questions ,my reconsideration was turned down and I had to appeal  this decision .For someone who has been on benifit for over 10 years with mental and physical problems I had to survive with help from my family for 5 weeks without money . My doctor gave me a medical certificate to cover period till my appeal so was able to survive and astonished with their decision .  At my appeal which was allowed the-independent Dr and Judge who presided  awarded me 33 points and although I was still in work group advised that if I was made work it would seriously affect both my physical and mental health , can I add at my Pip assesment I was given 27 points and not to be called back for 10 years , how can these decisions be accepted and something done about procedure . My sympathy with anyone having to endure this but appeal and take it the full way you will win .

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    It just amazes me how these fools come to these decisions?

As you would know PIP and ESA are two separate benefits only you can make a choice to send what you might think links one to the other.

you also state a 10 year PIP award does it state 10year or On-Going.
    I'm so surprised by now the tribunals don't do something regarding this ****.

Good luck.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.