Can anybody relate? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anybody relate?

smiler43
smiler43 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
HI I am a 43 year old woman who had a brain tumour medulloblastoma . I had 5 ops to.my head to remove it but unfortunately could not remove all of it too dangerous for me . I have been left with effects of the damage done by the tumour I have poor balance and walk with a four wheel walker now I also have a  peg feed as have swallow problems in van eat a small amount of blended food or mashed no lumps in it only ten spoons of it , I also have poor vision and have  double vision in one eye also have a scar on that eye ad had a ulcer which had healed now but caused blurred vision.  I sm shakey in limbs too . I don't know whether I will ever get back to how i was. I am in a care home in lowesroft flats now as independent living carers come regularly at times set . I would love to speak with anyone who is going through similar please get in touch with me would like to chat /make friends x

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @smiler43
    and welcome to the community. Very glad to have you with us. You have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.
    Others will be along to bid you welcome - we have some exceptional people here - and in the meantime I would suggest you have a look through the categories which I am going to link to here: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories
    To begin with, the 'Disabled People' category https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/disabled-people might be a useful one to look for conversations (or start conversations) where you can join in and meet others.
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @smiler43, and welcome! Great to meet you. We have plenty of friendly community members who are always up for a chat, so do get involved and let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.