Won my pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won my pip appeal

Options
peanut01
peanut01 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just got a letter saying I won my pip at court  but I'm still worried dwp might not agree .any advice greatly welcome .don't know what happens now .still so worried x

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    I think its binding but im not sure.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi peanut and welcome

Well done

You should give it a couple of days then ring DWP to make sure they have a copy of the decision
    The DWP can only challenge the decision on an error of law, not just because they disagree
    They may ask for a statement of reason from the judge but seldom do they actually challenge the decision
    Usually they take 5-8 weeks to put an award into payment

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    peanut01,

CR has given excellent advice. DWP do sometimes appeal, but if they are going to they first have to ask for a statement of reasons. Sometimes they do this and then take a while to decide whether to appeal further, but time limits apply and so they would still have to pay you eventually unless they actually requested permission to appeal.

The Tribunal Service will let you know if the DWP do ask for a statement of reasons, though of course you can also ring DWP about this. They'll also let you know if the DWP ask for permission to appeal.

There's a one month time limit for the DWP to ask for the statement of reasons, and then once they have it, a one month time limit from the date they were sent it for them to apply for permission to appeal. So as CR says, you're hopefully looking at a maximum of 8 weeks, unless they do decide to appeal, which isn't common and can only happen if there is an error of law.

Hope that helps. Once you know your PIP is in payment let other parts of DWP and the local authority know (if you get housing benefit or CTR), to make sure all your other benefits reflect your PIP award - it can mean other benefits are higher.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.