Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Well, well, no surprise Oh well onwards and upwards.

charlenecharlene Member Posts: 555 Pioneering
thankfully the dreaded wait is over or nearly.  Just received a copy of the assessors form. I think I am correct in saying I have enhanced care.  However I have not been awarded anything for mobility.  It says I can stand and then move 50 metres but no more than 200 metres.  My trips, falls etc have not been takien into account. Or the fact I cannot repeat. My walk, and have to rest up after.  Also she mentioned I was not on any strong medication. Am I wrong in thinking Tramadol is strong? Oh well onwards and upwards, I feel a lot better knowing what I have to face!  I will do a MR and Tribunal if I have to. 
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi charlene

DM usually go with the report
    There might be a small window of opportunity the express your concerns to the DM before the decision is made, certainly worth a try

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • charlenecharlene Member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Hi Cockney Rebel.  Should I write of now rather than wait.?

• MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    @charlene

Tramadol is a very strong med, a controlled drug, a form of morphine.

Did the assessor actually watch you walk at least 50m?  I doubt it!
  • maid08maid08 Member Posts: 307 Member
    obviously knows nothing about meds then tramadol is addictive and a bril pain killer unless you are on morphine   
    No she never saw me. This was the lady who kept on saying 1 to 2 mins and rest, repeated it 3 times in quick succession.  Put it to 3 mins and I firmly said no.  
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    Enhanced care is better than just enhanced mobility.
    If you get esa you keep your sdp but maybe lose the edp which is a lot less. 

I am becoming a cynic now that dropping a level or dropping an element is the bigger plan. 
    Yes pip might be working for some and yes some might not satisfy the descriptors. But there is no other help when you have it in black and white that they can't offer help beyond the scope of pip. 
    Fit in the boxes or fall out.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    You should wait for the decision letter to ask for an MR, but you can ring now before the decision is made, to discuss your concerns with the report

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    Not sure what to do. In one way I am relieved to know what I am dealing with. On the other hand I feel physically sick, at the thought of being housebound!  also I am now wondering if it was my fault and I should have written more about my mobility problem.  I did notice though during my assessment more time was taken on the care side, motobility was skipped over. 
  • sleepy1sleepy1 Member Posts: 299 Pioneering
    Hi @charlene, sorry its not altogether good news, hopefully the DM will look at further evidence but wouldn't bank on it.  Tramadol is a very strong pain killer and I found them very good for my pain, I came off them though because I couldn't cope with the side effects.

Personally I don't think much weight should be given to what painkillers your on anyway as more often it is a choice between putting up with the pain or being too spaced out to do anything.  They might help you be a bit more mobile but increase the danger of tripping and falling.

It's a dammed if you do or dammed if you don't in many situations!

I really have been taken by surprise,  because of what I have been reading I was ready for a lowering of motobility payment but to be awarded none ! I am amazed!
    Hi whistle, I agree that enhanced  care is better than enhanced mobility.   But if you asked me was it care or mobility which affected me more I would answer straight away mobility.
    Thanks sleepy, one of the points I will try and get over to DWP will be, yes I am on strong painkillers.  
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Member Posts: 858 Pioneering
    @charlene Tramadol is classed as a controlled drug and is (strong) but it's all down to the dosages your on, I'm on Tramadol 50mg 4 times = 200mg a day and that don't touch the sides for me.  plus on oral morph which is morphine and transdermal patches (bupronerphine) 52.micrograms for chronic mobility issues.

The Usual Adult Dose for Chronic Pain

Extended-Release (ER):
    18 years or older (tramadol-naive): 100 mg orally once a day
    -Individually titrate in 100 mg increments every 5 days to an effective dose that minimizes adverse reactions
    -Maximum Dose: 300 mg/day

So it all down to what they is a low dose and not that strong of you are taking other medications with them for the same  issues then voice you concerns with the DWP.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Its written I am on a high dose of meds, but they don't seem to care about the side effects of it. It then said I had no memory problems. 

Unless being sleepy stops you doing those descriptors they won't score you, if it's not most days. In their opinion. 
    Just checked my Tramodol, the dose is 50mg 2 tabs 4 x daily, for intense pain. I also take 5 amitrptiline for chronic pain. A small percentage of this dose is to up my antidepressant as I am on the top dose  of Mirtazapine. 
    charlene said:
    Just checked my Tramodol, the dose is 50mg 2 tabs 4 x daily, for intense pain. I also take 5 amitrptiline for chronic pain. A small percentage of this dose is to up my antidepressant as I am on the top dose  of Mirtazapine. 

So in that case @charlene I defo would say that's a strong dose. Where they get off saying your meds are Low beats me.

I would fight this if need be remember to add your side affects I get some pretty horrible ones and well documented them.

As for Mirtazaphine you must on 45mg a day, of so that's the same as me. My Amytriptiline I have 50mg a day and gabapentin 900mg a day.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

Thanks, for your reassurance, I think I am being treated like everyone else who has lost their motobility.  I have looked again at the assessment and have noticed there is no mention that I have DISH in my back. Also she is no longer saying 1 to 2 minutes  but has written 2 minutes although I disputes that.
    Sorry yes I am on 45 mgof Mirtazapine and 250 mg 
    What's wrong with me lol 250mg amitrptiline.
  • maid08maid08 Member Posts: 307 Member
    tramadol 50 mg thats per tab so 4times a day is 400 mg and thats not high dose christ i would be zonked on that i take  50mg four times a day or more if i need it 
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Favourite trick of assessors, saying that meds are mild as DWP have no medical knowledge so will just accept what assessor says.  My assessor wrote that I take a 'mild' painkiller, Naproxen, which is actually quite strong.  Made no mention of the two very strong meds I also take that suppress my immune system!  Of course, when I got to Tribunal Hearing the doctor understood what my meds were.
    The amitrptiline used to zone me out, but am now used to it.  My doctor did say if for one day I could survive without the Tramodol that would be good as the longer you take them the less effect they have on you.  He also said that most likely I was  addicted to them by now..
    I doubt whether many of the assessors have much clue about medications, what is mild, strong or what the side effects are.  So it is like the blind leading the blind when advising the DM

She has also written that even though I have a wet room, she thinks with help assistance I could get into a bath.  Lol that is why I have a wet room, I got stuck in the bath and it took me ages to get out.  Once I am down it takes a lot to get myself up.  It was Bristol City Council which gave a grant to instal one. Of course an OT had to give the go ahead!, but of course the Assessor knew better.
    I know I am keeping on, but I live on my own and find it difficult at times like this. In one box she has written, I didn't need any prompting.  Well what was it when she kept repeating 1 to 2 mins
    I got a similar 'but you could do that to help yourself couldn't you'

I still feel they are looking for any way of cutting something off you. All of us, not just you or I, but every one. 
    Assuming they can add up they know what it means to not award 8 points. What they don't know is what is like to try and live with.
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Charlene,
    obvoiusly the assessor wasn’t using common sense regarding the bath/wet room!!
    seriuosly if they have assessors what’s wrong with recruiting professionals who have a broad knowledge about things

it's not good enough Whistles., how dare they treat people as though they are of no consequence.  At the moment I am yo yoing between dissolving into tears and range,  
    Hi I Susan, I couldn't believe what she wrote.  Since I had the wet room installed, I have had 2  home assessment carried out by doctors and they have never queried the fact I used a wet room and not a bath.
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Charlene 
    if we all contributed our stories to a book it would run to numerous volumes and be in the fiction section.
    they really don’t care!,,
    we are the ones left feeling more anxious and isolated 

i dont understand
    To true Susan , I worked  in a residential home then on the district for many years. Later I worked for the NHS, thankfully I never  encountered this cruelty and uncaring attitude.
    charlene said:
    What's wrong with me lol 250mg amitrptiline.

@charlene That seems a lot of Amitriptiline a day 250mg 
    -Maintenance dose: 40 to 100 mg orally per day
    -Maximum dose: 150 mg/day if your on higher I would think that's not helping.
    As you've also stated your on Mertizapine 45mg As well.

There's is nothing wrong with just try and relax this Government is hell bent on hurting the less fortunate in society, get someone to help you? I also live on my own it's hard I know take it one step at a time.

Be safe be strong.
    ⬇️

You have hit on the right word "cruelty" making people who are ill and struggling already suffer even more.  The amount of stress they have caused to so many from incomitance and lies is beyond any words that I cannot convey on this forum.

Public money that was initially meant to be spent to help people in need has/is being squandered only to inflict more pain on those that need help.

Sure someone will benefit?  But not the people that really should!

Oh Sleepy my heart bleeds! I am one of the more fortunate ones, but still feel I have been mentally abused!
  • deb74deb74 Member Posts: 754 Pioneering
    hi charlene. i was awarded standard disability living which confused me as i got 18 points and i know with that many points i should have got the enhanced rate. i asked them to look at the decision again but got a letter a couple of weeks ago saying they were not going to change it. i am just greatful that i get pip as so many people are being refused it. 
  • BarbiesnemesisBarbiesnemesis Member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    Hi Charlene, I got the same on my form, "takes a low dose of analgesics in the morning to get her going". I don't take any analgesics - I put that on my form; I told her that at the assessment; the fibromyalgia nurse put it on the report I gave the DWP that analgesics don't work on fibromyalgia, and I'm lucky if I can "get going" at any time of the day! The government just want to save money, sadly.

Sign in or join us to comment.