Well, well, no surprise Oh well onwards and upwards. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Well, well, no surprise Oh well onwards and upwards.

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
thankfully the dreaded wait is over or nearly.  Just received a copy of the assessors form. I think I am correct in saying I have enhanced care.  However I have not been awarded anything for mobility.  It says I can stand and then move 50 metres but no more than 200 metres.  My trips, falls etc have not been takien into account. Or the fact I cannot repeat. My walk, and have to rest up after.  Also she mentioned I was not on any strong medication. Am I wrong in thinking Tramadol is strong? Oh well onwards and upwards, I feel a lot better knowing what I have to face!  I will do a MR and Tribunal if I have to. 
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi charlene

DM usually go with the report
    There might be a small window of opportunity the express your concerns to the DM before the decision is made, certainly worth a try

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • charlene
    Hi Cockney Rebel.  Should I write of now rather than wait.?

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @charlene

Tramadol is a very strong med, a controlled drug, a form of morphine.

Did the assessor actually watch you walk at least 50m?  I doubt it!
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    obviously knows nothing about meds then tramadol is addictive and a bril pain killer unless you are on morphine   
  • charlene
    No she never saw me. This was the lady who kept on saying 1 to 2 mins and rest, repeated it 3 times in quick succession.  Put it to 3 mins and I firmly said no.  
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Enhanced care is better than just enhanced mobility.
    If you get esa you keep your sdp but maybe lose the edp which is a lot less. 

I am becoming a cynic now that dropping a level or dropping an element is the bigger plan. 
    Yes pip might be working for some and yes some might not satisfy the descriptors. But there is no other help when you have it in black and white that they can't offer help beyond the scope of pip. 
    Fit in the boxes or fall out.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You should wait for the decision letter to ask for an MR, but you can ring now before the decision is made, to discuss your concerns with the report

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • charlene
    Not sure what to do. In one way I am relieved to know what I am dealing with. On the other hand I feel physically sick, at the thought of being housebound!  also I am now wondering if it was my fault and I should have written more about my mobility problem.  I did notice though during my assessment more time was taken on the care side, motobility was skipped over. 
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi @charlene, sorry its not altogether good news, hopefully the DM will look at further evidence but wouldn't bank on it.  Tramadol is a very strong pain killer and I found them very good for my pain, I came off them though because I couldn't cope with the side effects.

Personally I don't think much weight should be given to what painkillers your on anyway as more often it is a choice between putting up with the pain or being too spaced out to do anything.  They might help you be a bit more mobile but increase the danger of tripping and falling.

It's a dammed if you do or dammed if you don't in many situations!

• charlene
    I really have been taken by surprise,  because of what I have been reading I was ready for a lowering of motobility payment but to be awarded none ! I am amazed!
  • charlene
    Hi whistle, I agree that enhanced  care is better than enhanced mobility.   But if you asked me was it care or mobility which affected me more I would answer straight away mobility.
  • charlene
    Thanks sleepy, one of the points I will try and get over to DWP will be, yes I am on strong painkillers.  
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @charlene Tramadol is classed as a controlled drug and is (strong) but it's all down to the dosages your on, I'm on Tramadol 50mg 4 times = 200mg a day and that don't touch the sides for me.  plus on oral morph which is morphine and transdermal patches (bupronerphine) 52.micrograms for chronic mobility issues.

The Usual Adult Dose for Chronic Pain

Extended-Release (ER):
    18 years or older (tramadol-naive): 100 mg orally once a day
    -Individually titrate in 100 mg increments every 5 days to an effective dose that minimizes adverse reactions
    -Maximum Dose: 300 mg/day

So it all down to what they is a low dose and not that strong of you are taking other medications with them for the same  issues then voice you concerns with the DWP.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Its written I am on a high dose of meds, but they don't seem to care about the side effects of it. It then said I had no memory problems. 

Unless being sleepy stops you doing those descriptors they won't score you, if it's not most days. In their opinion. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • charlene
    Just checked my Tramodol, the dose is 50mg 2 tabs 4 x daily, for intense pain. I also take 5 amitrptiline for chronic pain. A small percentage of this dose is to up my antidepressant as I am on the top dose  of Mirtazapine. 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    charlene said:
    Just checked my Tramodol, the dose is 50mg 2 tabs 4 x daily, for intense pain. I also take 5 amitrptiline for chronic pain. A small percentage of this dose is to up my antidepressant as I am on the top dose  of Mirtazapine. 

So in that case @charlene I defo would say that's a strong dose. Where they get off saying your meds are Low beats me.

I would fight this if need be remember to add your side affects I get some pretty horrible ones and well documented them.

As for Mirtazaphine you must on 45mg a day, of so that's the same as me. My Amytriptiline I have 50mg a day and gabapentin 900mg a day.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• charlene
    Thanks, for your reassurance, I think I am being treated like everyone else who has lost their motobility.  I have looked again at the assessment and have noticed there is no mention that I have DISH in my back. Also she is no longer saying 1 to 2 minutes  but has written 2 minutes although I disputes that.
  • charlene
    Sorry yes I am on 45 mgof Mirtazapine and 250 mg 
  • charlene
    What's wrong with me lol 250mg amitrptiline.
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    tramadol 50 mg thats per tab so 4times a day is 400 mg and thats not high dose christ i would be zonked on that i take  50mg four times a day or more if i need it 

Brightness