Hi, my name is Stew! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Stew!

Stew
Stew Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Can anyone advise me if COPD is recognised as a disability by the DWP 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Stew and welcome to the community. Good to have you with us. I am not an authority on this but I get the impression that it IS a recognised disability, but the extent to which the DWP recognizes it depends on the severity of the condition and how much you are affected by it. The following quote is from another discussion relating to COPD and PIP:

"You might like to have a look at our PIP discussions, and also this information on PIP applications: the points aren't affected by the specific diagnosis you have, but by how the condition affects your life. If you have any further questions, do get involved with our different groups where our members will be happy to help!"

Others more knowledgeable than I will be along in due course :)
    Warmest best wishes to you
    Richard

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Stew and welcome

Yes, I have COPD and it is recognised as a condition but to receive a benefit will depend on how much it affects the things you can do

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @stew, and welcome to the community!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.