Lifesaver — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lifesaver

Barbiesnemesis
Barbiesnemesis Community member Posts: 86 Pioneering
About 2 months ago I joined an Ecotherapy Group. As the discussion title says, its been a lifesaver for me. Even in the depths of a cold and rainy winter I have loved getting out amongst nature. Its given me hope for a future life with my disabilities - something I have not had for a long, long time. Does anyone else find that connecting with nature is good for them?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    This is so lovely to hear @Barbiesnemesis, thanks so much for sharing this with us!
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m not sure if it’s connecting with nature as such but I got myself a dog so I would have to go out and walk him.
    before I got him I would spend days in bed but I have to get up to let him in the garden and now take him out, not too far though if I’m alone, twice a day.
    its lovely to see the scenery, trees etc change with the seasons.

• Barbiesnemesis
    @susan48 That's exactly what I mean : ) Just being around nature is lovely. I have a dog too.
  • susan48
    Barbiesnemesis
    i have nice walks close to where I live, tress, river, a dam.
    lots of deer and birds.
    some days I really don’t want to go out but those big brown doggy eyes make me.
    my therapy dog and walking therapy 
  • Barbiesnemesis
    That sounds beautiful. Ah yes, those big brown doggy eyes, they can make you do anything with those! 
  • Barbiesnemesis
    This my dog Skip
  • susan48
    Skip looks happy. Meet Diesel 
  • Barbiesnemesis
    Oh, he is gorgeous! Is that his "I want to go walkies" face? (hehe)

• susan48
    He would be out all day if he could. 
    Hes getting a treat tomorrow, my friend is taking us to him favourite place, woods and streams rocks. He loves fetching sticks in the stream.
    dont get me wrong, there has been times Iv thought I can’t cope and he needs rehomed. 
    Worse when I’m exhausted but then he wants a cuddle and it makes me feel better.
    dogs are so intune with there owners, know when your not well, anxious, really depressed. 
  • Barbiesnemesis
    I must admit I have had times where I felt my Skip would be better off if I rehomed him. Now I've got a dog walker for him which it is such a relief not to have to worry any more. In every other way he has a good life with treats and cuddles. He is very spoilt (he has 3 beds!) and very loved. Now I've got a dog walker for him his life is complete!  I hope you and Diesel have a lovely day out tomorrow.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.