Assessor, mistakes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor, mistakes

Options
charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
feeling much better today, so decided to look through the assessor notes.  I have taken on board if I go to Tribunal, not to '****' of the assessor. Also it's no good saying, I said this and she said that.. Although there is a comment where she said I didn't need any prompting, that is naughty as she did prompt me into saying  I might be able to walk 1 to 2 minutes and rest, and in her report the 1 to 2 minutes is now 2 mins.  Am I correct o say, I have the right to reply to that and a tribunal would not judge my response in the negative.  

I have picked up on a number of wrong judgements, made by the assessor, such I am on a low dose of pain killers when in fact I am on a high dose.  She also reported I am not suffering from a cognitive limiting condition, when I do , fibromyalgia.  She has lied in saying I spelt the word world backwards, I never! Also she has omitted some of my conditions.   I don't want to complicate matters lol, for my sake rather than a tribunal.   So please any advice on how I should handle the above, would be much appreciated, although At present I don' t have the results of my assessment.  I need to have an idea of what  I will do, for my own sanity.  Once my mind takes over negatively, I am a dog with a bone, and would make myself very unwell.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When I put me letter in to the tribunal,  not sure the correct name for it. I went through the assessment letter and pointed out the errors and wrote the facts. 
    That letter only actually went on 1 and a half A4 pages, sounds a lot but typed it on the computer.
    When my tribunal was heard the f2f assessment was NOT even mentioned by the tribunal and I did not mention it, I already highlighted the errors in the letter.

Hope this helps
    Susan
  • charlene
    Options
    I suppose they will have already read your letter Susan?
  • susan48
    Options
    Charlene,
    i hope they did!! they had my letter, prescriptions list etc at the tribunal hearing.
    The hearing was one of the most difthings Iv ever had to do but thankfully I won.
    we shouldn’t have to do this at all, the assessments should be done impartiality and honestly.
    clearly that’s not the case as 69% of tribunal hearing side with the claimant 
    They assessment companies should be fined for wasting time and lots of money because of Atos and capitas failings

Just my opinion 
    Susan
  • susan48
    Options
    Sorry for my spelling, typos
  • charlene
    Options
    I am in total agreement with you Susan. I would go further and charge them for all the extra cost of tribunals etc. 
  • susan48
    Options
    Definitely Charlene, it’s totally unnecessary  waste of money .
    surly someone out there should be asking the questions why are so many people awards being overturned at tribunal.
    the system isn’t working 
  • charlene
    Options
    It's broken, not fit for purpose.  I am so proud of all those 'mature' people who are not rolling over dead, but are fighting back against such blatant injustice. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.