Assessor, mistakes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor, mistakes

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
feeling much better today, so decided to look through the assessor notes.  I have taken on board if I go to Tribunal, not to '****' of the assessor. Also it's no good saying, I said this and she said that.. Although there is a comment where she said I didn't need any prompting, that is naughty as she did prompt me into saying  I might be able to walk 1 to 2 minutes and rest, and in her report the 1 to 2 minutes is now 2 mins.  Am I correct o say, I have the right to reply to that and a tribunal would not judge my response in the negative.  

I have picked up on a number of wrong judgements, made by the assessor, such I am on a low dose of pain killers when in fact I am on a high dose.  She also reported I am not suffering from a cognitive limiting condition, when I do , fibromyalgia.  She has lied in saying I spelt the word world backwards, I never! Also she has omitted some of my conditions.   I don't want to complicate matters lol, for my sake rather than a tribunal.   So please any advice on how I should handle the above, would be much appreciated, although At present I don' t have the results of my assessment.  I need to have an idea of what  I will do, for my own sanity.  Once my mind takes over negatively, I am a dog with a bone, and would make myself very unwell.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    When I put me letter in to the tribunal,  not sure the correct name for it. I went through the assessment letter and pointed out the errors and wrote the facts. 
    That letter only actually went on 1 and a half A4 pages, sounds a lot but typed it on the computer.
    When my tribunal was heard the f2f assessment was NOT even mentioned by the tribunal and I did not mention it, I already highlighted the errors in the letter.

Hope this helps
    Susan
  • charlene
    I suppose they will have already read your letter Susan?
  • susan48
    Charlene,
    i hope they did!! they had my letter, prescriptions list etc at the tribunal hearing.
    The hearing was one of the most difthings Iv ever had to do but thankfully I won.
    we shouldn’t have to do this at all, the assessments should be done impartiality and honestly.
    clearly that’s not the case as 69% of tribunal hearing side with the claimant 
    They assessment companies should be fined for wasting time and lots of money because of Atos and capitas failings

Just my opinion 
    Susan
  • susan48
    Sorry for my spelling, typos
  • charlene
    I am in total agreement with you Susan. I would go further and charge them for all the extra cost of tribunals etc. 
  • susan48
    Definitely Charlene, it’s totally unnecessary  waste of money .
    surly someone out there should be asking the questions why are so many people awards being overturned at tribunal.
    the system isn’t working 
  • charlene
    It's broken, not fit for purpose.  I am so proud of all those 'mature' people who are not rolling over dead, but are fighting back against such blatant injustice. 

Brightness