Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Depression and motivation
It is widely acknowledged that a lack of motivation is a symptom of depression. I struggle a lot with this and feel like a failure when I can't do what is advised to help with my depression or physical problems and pain. Things like exercise, sleeping patterns, eating right, etc have been suggested.. I just wish that the motivation factor was taken into account and more support was given. Does anyone else feel like this?
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 614 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 687 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.