Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Council housing medical award - Urgent help needed
I live in a ground floor flat with my husband’s family – 4 bedrooms and 1 bathroom with separate toilet.
Father-in-law is diabetic, has had a stroke and has a commode in the property.
I suffered from Hirschsprung disease a baby and have bowel
problems for life which includes crohns disease. I have a housing application
with Tower Hamlets Council and have applied for medical priority and have been
The occupation therapist has come to the conclusion that I can use a commode in my bedroom that I share with my husband even though this is undignified. I explained to her that with Crohn’s you can have good & bad days. Bad day for me is going to the toilet 20+ times and need constant access to it , however this has fallen on deaf ears.
I now have a few days to appeal this decision please can
someone help me with this I need to write a lengthy appeal letter an do not
know where to start.
Thanks in advance.
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 772 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments