In need of advice - dysphasia/CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In need of advice - dysphasia/CP

ffiffitrixybell
ffiffitrixybell Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I really hope no one minds me asking! I have 18 month old twins but am wondering about my girls twin. She has had no developmental delays and has reached all mile stones, she has however been diagnosed with dysphasia which is a bit of a mystery as to why. She walked quite quickly at 13 months but has always struggled with balance and coordination. She also gets knocked over very easily. Before she was diagnosed with dysphagia I had ask 3 doctors on 3 seperate occasions if her walking and lack of coordination and balance is normal and they’ve all reassured me. This evening while watching her running I really felt that it wasn’t just a normal unsteady toddler so googled it and came up with ataxic cp. Its just the combination of dysphasia and the walk with poor coordination and balance and a wide gate. She doesn’t seem to dysplay any other symptoms. My question is it possible that is could be ataxic cp in the absence of the other symptoms. Thank x

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.