Help

Options
tryingmybest
tryingmybest Community member Posts: 27 Connected
hi everyone this is my first post and im wondering if anyone can help me ... i suffwr with a vestibular disorder which means i have loss of balance & episodes of vertigo, i am currently in a ground floor flat i have had a needs assesment which determined i need a level access shower room, as i cannot tolerate a lift or repition of stairs i can manage one flight but only with aids such as two long length rails and wet slip floor in wet areas (kitchen&bathroom) my landlord has refused the adaptions and my local council say they cannot help and i have to place non slip carpet tiles to be able to manage bathing etc and it is resonable for my partner to bath me, im lost and confused and dont know if carpet tiles help or where to buy them? I feel like my needs have not been met and im being left to suffer 
i dont know where to find a home tha has level access facilitys in the bathroom etc 

can anyone help with any ideas ? 

Thank you all very much

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,197 Championing
    Options
    Hello tryingmybest and welcome

Have you tried asking CAB for help ?

CR
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,298 Championing
    Options
    Hello @tryingmybest and welcome to the community. Very glad to have you with us, but very sorry to hear about your difficulties. I do not myself have the answers you need, but there will be plenty of other members who will, I'm sure, be able to offer advice.

It might be worth your having a look at this link to independent living questions and resources https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/41950/help

Anyway, bear with us, and we will get back to you just as quickly as possible.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • tryingmybest
    Options
    Thank you @CockneyRebel and @jennysdad i havent tried CAB as disnt know they can help me but i shall try and make an appointment this week if im feeling abit better x
  • tryingmybest
    Options
    Also forgot to add tbe council did award medical priority & then removed it as they said it was awarded in error